Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ + DJM800 + CDJ-1000 - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

st0k3dCUE userMember since 2007
Hey guys i was a huge fan of my hercules mk2 + vdj combo.... got me addicted to dj'ing and got damn good with what i could do with that setup

fast forward a year or so, i just dropped a good bit of cash and bought

2 CDJ-1000mk3 turn tables
1 DJM-800 Mixer
1 EFX-1000 effects processor

but i want to use VDJ with it still

from what i gather i need a midi controller.... with that can i use all this with VDJ... i know Serato can do all this, but i dont want serato, i want VDJ

so whats it gonna take to make this all work right, including the cue, hot cues etc and everything on my cdj's working in conjunction with VDJ

Its already driving me freaking nuts not being able to see with wav form to help me beat match, and also just being able to pick songs that are scene in front of me vs as far as im concerned ancient CD's

Obviously i dont care if things like effects work because the DJM + EFX have more effects than i know what to do with

I feel like im DJing blind, help me see again

Adam

Inviato Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 8:13 pm

woooow.. if you can afford that setup, you are GOLDEN.... will kick a** and can use it with VDJ

1) The Pioneer 800 mixer has midi built in, and can control VDJ directly with midi mapping (such as crossfader, and other functions)

2) The CDJ1000 (or 800 for that matters) works flawlessly as controller for VDJ, by downloading our FREE timecode CD

The FX unit is a nice bonus, as it adds cool effects

Inviato Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 9:19 pm
Hi everyone I have the virtual dj program by itself full version 5.0 but I want to fully use it w/ my turntables can I use esi u46dj usb external sound card- recording interface and then just buy the timecode vinyl? THANKS

Inviato Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 9:39 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
would be nice if somebody will post a tutorial of how to setup the Pioneer djm800 midi to work with vdj

Inviato Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 9:43 pm

@ filero101

yes. you can... its a pretty good soundcard for timecode use

If you have a legal full version, you should enter your serial here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/fusers/modifuser.html

That way you can get the free upgrades, plugins, skins, effects, and other downloads ;)

Inviato Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 9:43 pm

Inviato Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 9:48 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
too late, my very own djm800 arrives tomorow :)
I just hope that will work with one of the in line midi to usb cable adapters.
thank you for the links

Inviato Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 9:57 pm

Ask Charlie or the other guy to help you if needed, they are in love with the DJM800 (first link above)

Personally, I love Pioneer mixers too, so I think you just bought a killer mixer ;))

Inviato Thu 27 Dec 07 @ 10:00 pm
word

so any hardware advice aside from the program

I have ready access to U46 sound card (it was mine before i got the hercules, sold it to a friend, but ill trade him my hercules for it), and he also has a simple midi->USB adapter

I want the best thing i can to make this work, i already dropped all this cash on the gear might as well spend the last bit to make the best use of it

i need VDJ to go with all this lonely new gear

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 07 @ 1:24 am
so ummm yea, anyone wanna point me in the right direction to what i need to buy to get this working flawlessly

All i need out of it is

Being able to choose my songs via VDJ.... duh

Being able to see the songs display via a Wav form (should be a no brainer)

and being able to use the decks in conjuction with my cdj's (I.E. hit the play/cues on the cdj's and have them work as such)

ill keep the rest ofthe functions of my setup as they are

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 07 @ 2:16 am

Awesome setup! ;) With all my dream DJ gear... hehe,., You went for the best, and got the best..

That setup you'll not only love, its gonna last for years and years... Pioneer make things that last, it wont fall apart

Hope to see you tune up your setup with full VDJ Pro with that soon ;)

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 07 @ 7:36 am
i sure hope so

I just need to know what i need to buy to make it work, i got a party to do on monday night and want VDJ up and running

i wanan go buy whatever hardware i need today/tomorrow so its ready to go

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 07 @ 12:02 pm
are those kiddie toys holding up your DJ table? lol

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 07 @ 1:35 pm

What you need :

- a GOOD soundcard that can run at low latency in ASIO (The hercules mk2 will do at start, but you might want to look for a faster soundcard in the end if you want to do super fast scratches)

- VDJ PRO (you really need this, since your version wont allow timecode use for more than 5 minutes)

- RCA cables, to connect your CD players to the soundcard, and from the souncard to the mixer.. total of 4 stereo RCA cables

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 07 @ 1:45 pm
Hi yall. Can i use timecoded Cds and a pioneer CDJ 1000 MK2 plus virtual dj and a numark mixer alone without any other usbs or soundcards? Can this work?
what about CDJ 100. how do u use time coded Cds on em?

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 07 @ 4:29 pm

You can use timecode CD's both on CDJ 100 and CDJ 1000, but only CDJ 1000 will allow scratching for example. The timecode CD will act like real CD, so limitations of the CD player is true for the timecode use too (except you can of course also use Virtual DJ features on top, like loop, sync etc)

Both will work with VDJ yes... What external mixer you choose, dont really matter much.

BUT, you do need a good soundcard, regardless.. One that has at least two stereo inputs, and two stereo outputs.

A recommended solution would be to get Numark Virtual Vinyl (software same as VDJ + soundcard + timecode cds & vinyls)

hope that helps ;)

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 07 @ 4:59 pm
yea i did some research on my own and i think im gonna go buy virtual vinyl or serato tomorrow... im gonna try them both side by side at the local dj shop www.idjnow.com . they said they have both on display

i didnt know the hercules would work... mmmmm if that works than i bet the U46mk2 i have would work as well... arghhh decisions decisions

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 07 @ 8:44 pm

U46DJ will work good ;)

yes , its a lot of decitions..hehe... Only think I can say, is that the guy at your local store probably know Serato better and will recommend that maybe, since VDJ is pretty new there...

Just make your OWN choice about it, and not what person X says that this super hot dj X uses... that dont matter ;)

Inviato Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 9:42 am
i was gonna try the u46 but than i said screw it, went to the dj shop this morning, tried out serato and kept getting hassled by the salesman that it was the software to have blah blah blah

suffice to say, i bought Numark Virtual vinyl, $475 with $75 dollar rebate

i just love virtual dj to much, serato doesnt do enough for me to justify it, its lame

so anyways i get home, plug the box all in yadda yadda and i cant get it to work with my brand new vista laptop (i hate vista!!!!!).... so im in the process of installing xp on the laptop!

i hope it all works out as i get to use my new gear at a party monday night!!

Inviato Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 5:28 pm

I use VV on vista... but XP is a better choice for audio apps, so it wont hurt to dual boot, and set it up (done the same)

But, one thing, DO download the lastest upgrade to Numark VV...
You'll get the download as soon as you register your serial number here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/fusers/modifuser.html

That will give you the lastest version

Inviato Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 5:46 pm
61%