Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Auto Mix in Cue /Virtual DJ Version 5.6

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

The new version should have the option when in auto mix to use both A & B or the default method which is only side A . The software looks better when you see the crosfader moving across , it is the normal way. The way it is now only one side is playing. We the user should have the option of choosing how we want the automix to work.
Thank You
Oswald Bobb

Inviato Fri 28 Dec 07 @ 10:31 am
I agree with you on that, pal.
Most programs take the advice from what they think is a popular requested item.
This thing came out of nowhere by surprise, I think, and assuming that
everyone would love it better than something that was already working fine, and took away the option.
I don't remember anyone saying it should be changed, or discussing it on the forum as the newest and best change.
Maybe I'm wrong here, but sure would like to see the thing (double-deck automix) back.

There is something similar in 5.0rev6, but it's really complicated and the instructions are pretty hard to follow.
Then again, it may just be me.

Inviato Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 12:44 am
ebinaryPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Arrg! So now there is a new auto_mix_next feature which is even weirder and more complicated and more useless than before. Please please please do not add any new automix features without first returning to the useful and predictable system that we purchased years ago.

The new feature - when enabled (there is no indication on any skin I've found that it IS enabled) will not allow you to stop music - it will just go to the next song!! Arrrg. DJ's don't want their PAUSE button to start a song!!!!

Here's why the original system was great:

You could preview EXACTLY what was going to happen in advance, and make a decision on whether or not to use it.
Your workflow was EXACTLY the same whether you forced automix or did it manually (well, except manually, you had to manually load the next song).

The only negatives were:
It would have been nice to allow full song mixing for slow and dinner music
It would have been nice to see the songs that had been played (but there was certainly no requirement for that to be part of the playlist)

Again - please give us back our old system. I need the GENRE capabilities of Rev 5, otherwise I would use Rev 4.

Inviato Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 8:21 am
Yeah, I agree with the above post. I thought they were going to work on the negatives as reported by you and others, and accentuate the positives(not eliminate) them. Apparently the DEV team had something else in mind that was not discussed heavily, but again, I could be wrong in my views here, as I read almost, but not all, of the posts on here.

Inviato Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 7:16 am
kzanardPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I too was at first disappointed with the auto mix change from older version (with auto mix between Deck A and B). However, once I used the version 5.5 with automix on one deck, I quickly adjusted and like it better. The ability to preview other tracks on the open deck alone is worth it. Plus the other added features of play list history, etc. As long as they work to fix the other bugs (I get the occasional delay/freeze) I will continue to be hapy with VDJ. It is a fgood suggestion however to have the "option" of single or 2 deck operation for those who prefer the older version function.

Inviato Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 1:23 pm
please return to the way it was or give us control over it i going back to 4.3 if you guys dont return the A B decks can't line up beats with only one deck working i do like that you can test a Song before you play it but put a button to turn it on snd off

thanks dj jim

Inviato Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 8:06 am
question for kzanard:

1. couldn't you always preview on the unused deck (at least for 3 minutes while the other deck played)

2. how do you deal with the fact that you can't see the mix point on the upcoming song. My problem is I do mostly weddings and have about 7000 songs (not a 100 song hot list), so there is no way I can memorize cue points etc to know if the transition will work. The only safe mode seems to be the the fade mode. And by "safe" I mean you won't have a cut fade from the middle of a dance song to the second verse of a slow song (yeah, automatic analysis often come up with nice transitions like that).

Inviato Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 10:18 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
ebinary

cant understand why your using automix if your standing there looking for cue/mix points? sort of defeats why your using it in the first place

Tayla

Inviato Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 1:57 am
I have to say I really like the way the New Automix feature works. I mean I like it A LOT.
I never used it before but the new way works great for dinner music and totally love that I have my other deck available to work while dinner music is playing eg setting cue points on tracks I'll be playing later.

My only gripe is it doesn't seem to be remembering the 'Mix Points' I'm setting in it. VDJ always defaults to picking it's own places which are way off what I'd have chosen.

I certainly never use the feature when it comes to dancing time.
All I want is to be able to pre-create some dinner playlists for corporate work and weddings and warm-up playlists for club work that will always obey my set 'Mix Points' using the one deck feature.
It's the same on my Mac as well which is what I'm using as I write this.
I've set the same points on a playlist about 3 times now and every time VDJ does it at the exact same place it wants to.
At least it's consistent!

Ross.

Inviato Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 8:22 pm
Tayla

I glance over to see if a reasonable transition scheduled, then I often tune it out. I'll spend my time running a large DMX light show, confirming agendas with people, preparing setlists, looking up requests for guests.

I don't have any self-esteem tied up in manually moving the crossfader - i'm happy to let the computer do it (as long as it isn't going to do it wrong). I'd rather concentrate on the other parts of the complete event presentation. Its very difficult to do intro lighting cues if your hands are busy on the cross fader.

ebinary

Inviato Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 7:15 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)