Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 5 REV 6 still unstable - Page: 3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Daz35PRO InfinityMember since 2007
The point is, VDJ was absolutely solid for about 6 months use and fine with the new 5.0. It was only when they new revisions started to be bought in that things started to go wrong. I am well aware how to optimise my machine for music playback, but I don't want to have to spend another 6 months messing around, trying to find solutions for problems that didn't exist before.

As I keep saying, I had the same problems with PCDJ and have no wish to go down the same path with VDJ which was recommended by several other users as 'rock solid'.

Inviato Wed 09 Jan 08 @ 6:26 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I don't suppose you can remember which revision introduced problems for you by any chance?

Regards,

Scott

Inviato Wed 09 Jan 08 @ 6:28 am
Scott

It would of been either rev 5 or 6 - I can't really remember tbh.

Inviato Wed 09 Jan 08 @ 6:53 am
Daz35. I can relate to what your saying as i used PCDJ FX previous and had problems which were never resolved due problems with in the software which that company were not prepared to fix and admitted too, but dispite this it was a good app and a great shame it wasn't re-written as i feel there is life in the old dog and i liked the format. VDJ are by no means in the same cataogary, they have a great team which listen and act and no doubt will resolve the issues. Good Repitation and service in our business is our bread and butter so having confidence in the tools we use is a must. I do wish in this instance it was a case of a bad workman always blames his tools but my booking sheets tells a different story so praise to VDJ on that score, just need these issues sorted and any future release delayed until it is trully tested.

Inviato Wed 09 Jan 08 @ 8:20 am
To be honest, I used PCDJFX fairly successfully for around 4 years. I had the occassional sound drop out, but when I bought a new PC it was dropping out 12-15 times per night and was frankly embarrassing. I know and understand how to optimise a PC/laptop and did so, and every single thing I tried didn't work. That was with advice form forums, collegues and friends. I then went and bought the 'super stable' VDJ which did as it said on the tin for about 6 months, until the upgrades.

This is why I don't want to start messing around again - I juts want a stable product.

Don't get me wrong, £ for £ this is by far the best software, esspecially if you utilise the video and graphics side, but these issues need to be addressed and fixes put forward fast. I am not some bedroom boy having a few problems which don't really matter - I am a full time pro DJ who needs the tools of my trade to work.

Inviato Wed 09 Jan 08 @ 8:40 am
Fully agree with what your saying.

Inviato Wed 09 Jan 08 @ 10:33 am
I've had problems with VDJ crashing all along with all versions from 4. A difference between 5rev4 (wouldn't 'recover' from the crash guard) and 5rev5 (would recover) and then with 5rev6 (back to not recovering from the crash guard). The crashes and freezes have been less frequent, but I've had to baby it along.....not loading the other player until the other player is almost done playing. Almost all of my crashes have been from loading video when a karaoke file was playing in the other player. I always have a disc player loaded in case.

Inviato Sun 13 Jan 08 @ 10:01 pm
My biggest Problem with VDJ5 rev 6 is the Sound Stuttering. Has anyone found the perfect configuration to prevent this?

I'm using a Toshiba satellite with VISTA and the MK@ mixer

Inviato Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 10:55 am
I to had a new years eve crash right at 11:56 PM, not a good look with version 5.6, thinking about going back to 5.5

Inviato Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 6:56 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djreggieward wrote :
I to had a new years eve crash right at 11:56 PM, not a good look with version 5.6, thinking about going back to 5.5

Could you post the data of "crashguard report.txt" file here. Thanks in advance.

Inviato Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 12:29 pm
I'm glad someone is interested in this thread.

Any news on a fix for the random crashes with no crashguard report?

Inviato Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 12:32 pm
djcel wrote :
djreggieward wrote :

Could you post the data of "crashguard report.txt" file here. Thanks in advance.

To be honest it crashed more than one time on New Years eve, and I have a audio only image on my labtop,(unecessary services, etc... turned off), and I just re-imaged it the other day so the report is gone.

I'm going with versions 4.3 and 5.5 until further notice.

Inviato Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 1:50 pm
So a few weeks has passed and I am still getting crashes to desktop without warning.

Is anyone interested in this problem?

I am getting seriously miffed about this now.

Inviato Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 3:22 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Daz35 wrote :
So a few weeks has passed and I am still getting crashes to desktop without warning.

Is anyone interested in this problem?

I am getting seriously miffed about this now.

And you have upgraded to v5.0.7 ? http://www.virtualdj.com/update.html

Inviato Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 3:42 pm
I have just put it on the gig machine. Do you think it will fix the problem?

I am also going to rescan my database and delete all other database, so a clean install.

I really hope this works.

Will your mapper work with this update as rev 6 didn't?

Inviato Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 3:52 pm
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I dont post much over here but from what I constantly read, the problems with undetermined crashes all seem to stem from users that have Vista or other similar high-spec/cutting edge combinations. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of high spec setups that do the trick but sometimes you can create a beast that is too critical for its own good.

If I said I have a stock £349 Acer 17" widescreen Geforce graphics powered laptop running XP pro that has supported VDJ 5 in all recent forms for well over 250 gigs in the past 12 months without so much as a very rare hiccup, would that suggest that it may not be VDJ that is at fault? I mean, I'm running a very medium spec system here (1Gb memory, 384Mb assigned to gfx and a bigger HDD but thats it) and I did remove Vista Home (yuk) for XP Pro. This runs in dual-screen mode and I run mpeg and divx videos and visuals - sometimes together. It taxes the processor but rarely faulters. The worst problem I get is a slight lip-sync issue with the videos. Wow... :) If I was to get an unexplained crash-to-desktop with otherwise proven software then the hardware would most certainly be the suspect if not assigned to menial duties whilst a replacement box was brought into service.

I recently got out of the computer industry after some 15 years of infrastructure support and design/management as things are just too complex for their own good these days... going back to the basics seems to be a better way of approaching things sometimes (I'm doing IP phone systems now lol!). Perhaps some of the unexplained issues could do with regressing some of the complexities and starting afresh with basic setups and see how you go from there. Once the next bit is bolted on and things start to fall over, you know where the problem lies.

Sorry, my .02p worth.

p.s. I'm downloading 5.0.7 but when trying to install I'm getting a file size mismatch error. Can anyone help please! I've just updated my HC-4500 with the latest 1005 firmware and am really keen to see this whole kaboodle finally working :)))

Inviato Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 4:06 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Daz35 wrote :
Will your mapper work with this update as rev 6 didn't?

Yes that is fixed in rev5.0.7

And at pbouzan - you make a very valid point that everyone wants to blame the software for there issues. Has VirtualDJ had issues? Sure. Is it the reason for ALL issues, No. As has been documented several times on this site, something as simple as 'dirty' power can wreck havoc on your system.
Thank you for stating this and I am glad to see you working so well.

As to your download issue - are you using something other than IE ? And if you use a download manager then turn it off.

Inviato Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 6:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)