Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Green lines in music video on secondary display

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Greetings VDJs!

Ok here is an odd problem. After upgrading my video card from a Sapphire ATi Radeon x550 256mb PCIe to a Sapphire ATi HD3850 512MB PCIe, the music videos that I play and send to the secondary display intermittently gets green lines that take up one quarter or half of the screen. So far, I've tried re-installing VDJ ver5 rev6, updating video drivers from ATi's website, updating DivX codec...etc. Also, sometimes the video image itself will stop playing, but the audio from the video file continues to play. Odd, but definatly needs to be addressed. I am curious to see if anyone else is having similar issues. Since this issue has occurred for me, I can still spin music with this problem and haven't had VDJ crash on me yet. I also took screen shots to better explain the issue I am having. The problem seems to be universal, as in whether the files are AVI, MPG, M2V, VOB...

SCREENSHOTS:

http://nezo.bounceme.net/vdj_1.jpg
http://nezo.bounceme.net/vdj_2.jpg

Thank you!

Inviato Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 3:33 pm
Ok do you have the latest Direct X, have you tried reseating the graphics card?? Can you look and see if there is an IRQ conflict?? Could you try using an older version of the graphics driver??

Inviato Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 5:07 pm
Hey Discobrian24,

As far as I know I have the latest Directx...I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition currently...the other DJ box is XP Pro. The DirectX I have is Nov2007 "9c". Tried reseating the graphics card, no IRQ conflicts. I haven't tried using an older version of the graphics driver yet, but I should try it soon. The wierd part is that I can play Call of Duty 4 at 1920x1200, details nearly maxed out, and have no graphical issues at all. I have been reading around the PC Version tech support forum and notice many people having problems with VDJ ver5 rev6. I am also going to try VDJ Ver5 rev5 and see if the problem disappears. I don't know if you looked at the screenshots yet but they are not pretty lol. I will try going back to VDJ ver5 rev5 and an older graphics driver. Could be just rev6 is a lil broken ofr VDJ doesn't like my ATi HD3850 yet.

Thank you for the response!

-Houseofboom

Inviato Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 5:17 pm
OK it is odd that you can play a game like that on ur extended display with no issues which leads me to believe that there is a possible codec issue. I would download the k-lite codec pack and give that a shot.

Inviato Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 7:33 pm
MrtimPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Same problem here. 99% fixed with a codec pack. Look for my green lines problem post in the archives. The link is there etc.

Timmay!

Inviato Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 9:24 pm
Mrtim wrote :
Same problem here. 99% fixed with a codec pack. Look for my green lines problem post in the archives. The link is there etc.

Timmay!

So you are sayin that a codec pack (or codec) was your problem?? If so what did u do to fix it?? Was it K-Lite or somethin else??

Inviato Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 11:24 pm
MrtimPRO InfinityMember since 2007
FIND MY OLD POST

It's called "Strange video issue. 1/2 screen green and red stripes"

Inviato Sat 05 Jan 08 @ 1:58 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)