Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PIONEER DJM800 SETUP AND WHAT IS MISSING

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I tried few configurations and I would like to share with you what I found for the VDJ5rev6 in conjunction with Pioneer DJM800.
First make sure that you adjust the back panel output of the Pioneer so you'd get the optimum attack for your amps.
If you do have a three outputs card you really do not need midi, but if you have a two outputs card and you like to use a stereo channel as master and a second channel as headphones, you will love to map the extra knobs on the Pioneer.
If you are good with your cool kbd shortcuts the only thing you'll need is a good sound card and a midi to USB adapter (m-audio midi to usb from Radio Shack $35 or eBay for about $20).
To setup midi is easy , just go to VDJ config , click remote tab, right click on general midi and select activate , then right click again and select configure, click "add" move your knob button or slider and choose an action for it , then select the parameters, the deck and the type (button slider knob wheel )
Now depending on your sound card you can connect this in a quite a few ways, but to take advantage of the mixer you would need two independent channels outputs in to two different channels of the mixer, or in my case three channel outputs in to the mixer as channel 2= deck1, channel3=deck 2, channel4=preview and sampler (channel 1 on my Pio has connected a second computer as a back up source)
Now using an external controller and djm800 as a midi controller is possible and works perfect with the Numark DMC2, if you'd try this with Hercules for example (or other midi controller) you will get midi channel conflicts, or you'll need a mapper of some sort that will let you change the midi channel number for the djm800's buttons (like the cross fader is channel 11 you will need to make it 121 or a number bigger then the last control number of your other midi controller)

What is missing?
Because most of the clubs run Serato would be really nice if VDJ will let you to use your laptop's internal card or a second card in conjunction with Serato SL1 card so you would have access to preview and a separate sampler channel.

Pioneer doesn't have eq for the master so you will have to disable the eq reset in VDJ and use your soft eq buttons or use the VDJ eq fx or you can use a post master eq box like Behringer deq 1024
Tested audio cards
Serato SL1 =ok
Hercules MKII = ok by itself, not working well in conjunction with the second card for 6 ch output, ASIO requires extensive adjustments and the quality is not stable, ASIO for all gets “too many channels” error.
Hercules MKI works well with three channels mixer config, but doesn’t work in ASIO with three stereo channels. IMPORTANT! AFTER DRIVER UPDATE THE MKI WILL SOUND REALY BAD IF YOU LOAD JUST ONE DECK, TAKE A LEAP OF FAITH AND LOAD THE SECOND DECK AND PLAY BOTH OF THEM AND YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.Also MKI has MIDI input and output connections, but I didn’t get to test it
Happy spinning!

Inviato Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 10:52 pm
mods, maybe you would see fit to copy or move this in to the Hardware section.

Inviato Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 11:01 pm
i just dont get it now i hook up usb to my pc and midi out to djm800 and i go to config and add it but it doesn't come up with anything am i do something wrong?? need to know i just wanna use crossfader of 800 to fade my video

Inviato Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 2:13 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
@ken: your midi is wrong way around. your mixer is midi out and midi in on your soundcard since its the mixer transmitting the midi sysex code

Inviato Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 9:47 pm
so wht should i do? i have maya44 soundcard but my maya doesn't have usb to go in, it just have usb to go to pc.
please help me paz75

Inviato Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 11:44 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
not much you can do. i just took at look at the maya44 spec, you dont have a midi connection on it and the djm800 doesnt seem to have usb, so you need to get a soundcard with a midi port.

Inviato Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 12:51 pm
so if i change sound card it probably work rite? but someone tell me if i just only use midi usb it's ok. mayb they don't know i'm using timecode as well. i'm just confuse paz75.
thank you for have a look at maya44 for me.

Inviato Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 12:16 pm
like I said in my post ,you can use a midi to usb adapter
about the sound card:
I just got my Focusrite Saffire le and works perfect with tccd (4 channels input and 6 channels output,2 stereo inputs and 3 stereo outputs in a 3 line external mixer config using asio) plus has midi port which works with my Pioneer Djm 800
the sound of the card is a delight and is firewire with its own external power
the card requires 1/4" conections or 1/4"to rca female adapters( I'm using 10 of them)
has one spdif in and one out
has the option to use two mics for input 1 and 2 with phantom power
has headphones out with volume knob
has volume knob for output 1 and 2
has 1 gain knob for input 1 and one gain knob for input two
has push on switches for input 1 and 2 to change from line mode to instrument mode
comes with its own drivers for mac or pc and a utility mixing software wich instals clean and fast(also works with asio4all)
after installation you just have to conect your wires and click the "sd" button in the utility software and midi through if you are going to use midi, also make sure that on the face of the card you have the out 1,2 volume knob turned to the max and gain knobs for in 1 and 2 are in the up neutral position

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 08 @ 1:09 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)