Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Could use a little help please...someone....:o)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey guys, just looking for a bit of assistance if anyone could offer it.

My system is doing well. All i use it for is mixing at 3 or 4 five or six hour gigs a week. All is well.

However, the other night I was doing a karaoke, and I threw some videos in there as well. My system basics are:

Pentium D dual core 2.8 ghz
2 gb 800mhz fsb ram
geforce 7600gt with 256 ddr3 on board, running 15" flat screen on the rig and an svid out to tv
onboard 7.1 sound
dac 3

I have a hard drive for vids (only about 150 odd vids), one for karaoke (about 5,500 karaoke tracks) and one for music (11,000 mp3's). I use an independent search panel (as in windows search panel) mapped to each drive to help me search for tracks and stuff, so i use the alt and tab shortcut to spin between screens.

Anyway, firstly, i've noticed when i'm playing vids or karaoke (hardware acceleration enabled), when i switch to a search panel and click in the 'find' box, my mouse automatically returns to the middle of the screen. Even when go back to click in the box, it still does it. I then need to minimise vdj altogether and then it SOMETIMES works - please note that if i turn off hardware acceleration, i don't have this problem. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Then, i seem to have some problem with my text effect. It works for a bit, but then stops working altogether, so i can't have messages on the screen. When i click activate and then click on the small screen to enter text, the flashing cursor doesn't come up and i can't type anything in the text box. Odd, i think. Any ideas on this one?

Also...sorry to barge on...can anyone tell me where i can get instructions on how to run the clipbank plugin. I dl'd it and installed it, but can't work out my next step. Anyone?

Cheers guys...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 6:07 pm
Continuing on the above...i've also noticed that when I analyse my karaoke files (both the cdg and mp3 files) no bpm's come up. I get length of song, but no bpm either for the cdg or the mp3. I've tried both techno/house and any music analysing.

Weird.

Anyone?

P

Inviato Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 6:26 pm
Please anyone?

P

Inviato Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 4:23 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
patience young jedi, give it at least a day or two, someone will be able to help you.

Inviato Thu 10 Jan 08 @ 6:39 am
Can anyone assist me with this at all?

Cheers...keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 7:16 pm
I'm curious. Is your mouse set up to go to the default button in a dialog box? I recall when mine was, I was having issues...

As far as the karaoke issue, I use .zip files. What I am pointing out is that I do not use the same format as yours (with separate cdg and mp3s). However, I just ran a short test and BPM and time came up following the analysis for "other music," without trouble.

Inviato Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 1:40 am
I'm curious too!!! :o)

The mouse is not set up to go to default. It's just a 'normal' mouse set up, and yet with Hardware Acceleration on, it's keeps jumping back to the centre of the desktop. It was doing it again on saturday and the only way to get it to stop is to turn off HAcc, but then no effects.

As for the karaoke thing, i don't know what that's all about.

It's all a bit strange.

Any advise appreciated

Cheers...and keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 5:00 am
I suppose you could add all of your drives to the search db and use the native VDJ search feature, but I'm guessing you don't want to. I'v ehad issues in the past when I have VDJ and other programs open simultaneously. Things can become unstable.

Inviato Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 12:37 pm
Problem with adding all drives is that i have 3 seperates. One for music, another for vids and one for karaoke. I'd rather just be able to switch between the windows and have a windows search panel for each instead of using vdj for it all.

I would thought that my machine was powerful enough to handle it. It does seem fine, but i'm wondering if it's a graphics card setting or something. You know...like all the resources are going to vdj and the other programs become 'redundant' when i'm using hardware acceleration or something.

I can't quite figure it out. It's a pain in the ass!!!

P

Inviato Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 6:33 pm
Word.

I'm stumped on this one, sorry :-(

Inviato Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 7:54 pm
Anyone else got any ideas?

Cheers (",)

Inviato Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 11:13 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I notice you linked to this thread in another of your posts;

Do you still get this click/minimize issue if you run your main VDJ screen as a window rather than fullscreen?

Regards,

Scott

Inviato Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 11:16 am
You know scott, i thought about that myself.

On saturday i tried i both ways, from my graphics card on window dragged onto the projector screen and as full screen itself.

Same results every time. Have i missed something?

Cheers

P

Inviato Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 11:21 am
I actually mean the VDJ window with the browser and deck controls etc in, rather than the video output window?

Inviato Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 11:26 am
Ah...i see. In all honesty i've never tried that. I'll give it a shot and post my findings.

Do you think this could make a difference?

P

Inviato Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 4:25 pm
Man, I can't believe it!!!

I've just hooked up a secondary monitor and 'minimsed' my VDJ main screen (although it's still pretty much full screen - only now i can drag it about) and now, when i press ALT & TAB between my search panel, no problems (touch wood). When I load new videos, karaoke songs or mp3's, no pauses or skips. I've even just run a camera plugin and smooth as you like...(",)

Wooohooo!!! At last it seems to be sorted!!!

Thanks to SBDJ for his assistance...although i will be keeping a close eye on it...;o)

Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

Inviato Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 7:50 am
You're welcome :)

I actually had a few issues running fullscreen myself, so always run this way, then made a custom skin that is 1920x1166...

Inviato Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 10:10 am
Nice one. I'll go with the 'not' full screen just now and see how it goes...but for just now, it's grand...(",)

Thanks again

P

Inviato Thu 13 Mar 08 @ 11:06 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)