Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Software Advice

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I was wondering if there's any software that works with my turntables for example I load a normal vinyl on to the turntables and it will read it on screen.
Basically I just want something that I can make cue points with onscreen and save them, so next time I load the vinyl on to my turntable it will have the cue points set up on screen on my PC..if you understand what I mean (If there is this kind of software will it remember the cue points off any normal vinyl).
Thank you in advance

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 08 @ 10:55 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Could you be more precise in explaining the issue/functionality? Reading your first two sentences
hardly shows understanding of practical problems with real-time digitization and analysis of analog
medium such as vinyl.

You want cue points of a "real" vinyl record stored on a computer, but not the audio content?
How can that be practical?

When you say "load the vinyl", I can only presume that you mean digital recordings of the vinyl
(mp3, wav,...), and setting the cue points for these is easy with Virtual DJ. Unless by "loading"
you mean digitizing an analog signal from vinyl ("reading it with computer"), why would you
do it twice?

If you are referring to Timecode control (using timecode vinyls to control digital recordings on a
computer), than read here.

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 08 @ 3:14 pm
Sorry not verry good at explaining things, well I just want to know if I can put normal Vinyl on real life turntables, that can interact with software like Virtual DJ.
For example with Virtual DJ you load an MP3 to the Virtual turntable and you see BPM and can set up cue points, can I do this with normal vinyl by getting USB turntables, loading a vinyl on to the turntables and then see the same thing on Virtual DJ as you do with MP3's but with real life vinyl.
Thank you

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 08 @ 6:05 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
digitize the vinyl to mp3 first, then use it in vdj

Inviato Sat 19 Jan 08 @ 8:26 pm
Thats this thing though, I dont want to use an MP3 I want to use normal vinyl in sync with my PC.`

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 3:56 am
Ok well, maybe you might understand now, basically I have a pair of nu-mark TT USB's, I want to know if I put normal vinyl (The ones I've bought from any record shop) on the the nu-mark TT's, then hook them to my laptop, buy virtual DJ, will the Virtual DJ Software recognise this Vinyl n load the BMP bar at the top like it would with MP3s, thank you lol.

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 5:31 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
this doesnt make any sense now. you are playing vinyl, what would the computer do? you cannot sync a regular turntable by a computer (unless of course you modded the deck with your own custom servo control software, but never mind that).

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 5:32 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
MrDubstep, what you want is not possible and unpractical.

If you want computer to show song structure, it has to analyze the whole recording.
Using real vinyl would mean playing it from the beginning to the end (which as you know
takes time). So when you would put a vinly on the TT the computer couldn't just
"know" what you put up, it would have to analyze it from beginning to the end again,
and if you would want the vinyl in snyc with the comp, it would somehow need to know
the position on the vinly, speed of the turntable, etc.

That's why they invented the timecode, so you have two records with timecode signal
that is processed by a software in real time, thus you can control any digital audio record
using any analog audio playback device (such as turntable).

If you bougth these Numark USB Turntables, you can use USB to digitize your real-vinyl
collection (as it states in the product overview). Using a timecode with any Dj software
with that feature (such as VirtualDj) will expand your possibilities of mixing and storing music.

Inviato Sun 20 Jan 08 @ 7:34 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)