Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: headphones...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djzjHome userMember since 2008
hey evry1. i dont know if im allowed to ask this, but ill give it a shot. i needed some help picking headphones. i did some reserch myself but i still cant decide i need you guys to help me out.
this is what im looking for:

1- isolation- as in even if music isnt coming out of the earphones, i want to have a noise reduction to what is around me (this is the primary reason im getting my headphones because im developing hearing problems)

2- sound quality (and volume) (second reason im getting the headphones is so i can CUE my tracks)

3- comfort- im going to be wearing them for maybe an hour and a half at a time so they need to be comfortable on me

4- looks- i want it to look nice when im wearing them

5- durability- i heard headphones break easily...i dont want that

okay so this is what i was looking at:

Pioneer HDJ-1000 Headphones Review - DJ Equipment Reviews i like these- they look cool, the isolation and quality is supposed to be good- but the comfort is whats scaring me off- feedback please on anyone who has these

AudioCubes.com - Pioneer SE-MONITOR10R Encapsulated Headphones - i love these they look unbelievable, but i couldnt find enough research on them, but if these are comfortable and cancels out noise, id go nuts for these

Denon DNHP1000 Headphones Headphones Review - DJ Equipment Reviews this got a good review- the only thing that im not so crazy about is the looks of it, and i want it to look nice

Sennheiser HD205 Headphones Review - DJ Equipment Reviews - these were really cheap, with a good review, i dont like them so much though

Technics RPDH1200 Headphones Headphones Review - DJ Equipment Reviews the reviews make this look really good, but im not so crazy about the looks. i like the big headphones- like the pioneer ones (the 1st 2) and i dont even think this is called the RPDH1200, it might be a mistake

AudioCubes.com - Technics RP-DJ1200 Monitor Headphones - RP-DJ1200A - theres this one too, this also might not be called the RPDJ1200 that can be a mistake also

and thats it, any feedback will really be appreciated- like i said the looks are important, and the 2nd one is my favorite as to looks, but thats all i found on it, any feedback at all is really appreciated.

THANKS!,
DJZJ

Inviato Sat 26 Jan 08 @ 6:46 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
i can comment on the pioneer hdj-1000. they isolate well, sound great, can go very loud, but if you wear them on both ears for an extended period of time, they become uncomfortable until you properly break them in. they tend to squish your ears at first so your ears get soar.

if you are getting hearing problems, i recommend trying out the sure e-series earbuds. they fit inside your ear so you need much less volume to 'hear' the sound clear and they block out alot of sound from the outside. they are much safer for your hearing health. the only drawnback is you need to get used to putting them in and out. i have a pair of custom moulded earbuds, but i use them for listening and producing only. i like my hdj-1000s still because i move them all over my head when mixing.

Inviato Sat 26 Jan 08 @ 9:44 pm
djzjHome userMember since 2008
thanks alot...but do you think that the HDJ-1000 are really gonna bother me? cuz u make it sound good, so i want to get those, if u vouch its not REALLYYY uncomfortable, ill probably get those.

also, do you know anything about the Pioneer SE-MONITOR10R?? because i really like the look of those and if those sound well, and are comfortable im diving for a pair of those babys

Inviato Sat 26 Jan 08 @ 10:17 pm
I have the Pioneers. I also was owner of AKG´s, Yamaha and Stanton headphones, and the HDJ-1000 wins hands down. Extreme bass, Very hi fi sound, incredible isolation, and perfect for DJing.

When they are new, they are not very comfortable for long-one-use (using to watch a movie, or 3 or more complete CD´s) until they loose a little due the wear. But if its for DJing, I doubt you can get better ones for the price.

I have read that the Senheiser HD-25 (aprox $200 US dlls) are very confortable and are designed for DJ use.

Inviato Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 1:56 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
RicardoM wrote :

I have read that the Senheiser HD-25 (aprox $200 US dlls) are very confortable and are designed for DJ use.

I have Senheiser HD 25SP, very basic in looks and design, but boy they do Kick ass, Can handle extreme bass, but still excellent at mid and high range sound. Had my pair for about 10 years now, and they've never let me down.

I would recommend them to anybody.

Jimmy b

Inviato Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 12:02 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)