Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How do you BeatLock during Automix?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm trying to set up a playlist with music of un-equal tempos. I'd like to have the playlist run on Automix and have it beat mixed at the tempo of the first song.

Example:
Song A - 101 bpm
Song B - 105 bpm...but I'd like it played at the locked 101 bpm from the previous Song A.
Song C - 96 bpm...but I'd like it played at the locked 101 bpm set by Song A.

What settings can I use to make this happen so that Automix can play all the songs at one tempo??

Thanks,
Erik

Inviato Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 11:01 pm
I would recommend using an ascending rather than descending order in terms of BPM...Otherwise you risk draining the room's energy by decreasing the beat, IMHO.

To utilize the autoplay in this case, begin by making sure your CBGs (squares under waveform) are all correct for the tracks you want to play. Then you can try sorting the tracks in BPM order in the playlist (if it is not available, right-click on the column bar and check it in the list to add it), and choose "smart" from the automix type list. It's not perfect, but the transitions are decent. You can then tweak things by setting up automix mix points for the tracks themselves (page 19 in the manual). In fact, it seems that part of the procedure is required for beatmatching with automix "smart" mode at all.

Inviato Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 12:27 pm
no....

I don't want to have tempos go up or down...I want to keep a constant Tempo.

I want to have all the songs at 101 bpm....even if the play-list contains song at 105, 96 and 98 bpm.

Please advise,
Thanks,
ERik

Inviato Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 12:30 am
I'm not aware of a way to accomplish this with an automix. The automix function will not, to my knowledge adjust the tempo of each song to match a "set-point" as you describe.

Inviato Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 1:20 am
Yes, this feature existed.

In previous versions....where the songs would pre-load in opposing decks, all one had to do was a) load the first song and b) go to the options menu and select "auto pitch matching" to always.

This setting does not work now that the automix is not a dual deck feature.

Please advice.

Erik

Inviato Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 9:45 am
hey @ all,

i have try it today, and its possible! with one deck the same function:

in options Auto Pitch Matching enable and beat lock enable, then start automix in smart mode, and everything is beat-match and goes back after fade to original BPM...

So my short tryings...

hope, this little work around is the stuff you search

Greetz
Avaco

Inviato Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 10:10 am
That did not work. That only lowers the next song to the same percentage.

Example:
Song A - Original Tempo 101bmp - lowered 1% to 99.99bmp
Song B - Original Tempo 150bmp - will be lowered 1% to 148.9bmp

This obviously not a beat match at all.

Thanks for your help..let me know if you figure this out.

Thanks,
Erik

Inviato Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 12:27 pm
dj_avaco wrote :
...goes back after fade to original BPM...

I originally set it up this way to test, as well as changing other parameters, but I think the fact that a track returns to its original BPM right after the fade is contrary to the desired effect. What Erik needs to do is keep the BPM at the same rate for the entire set. Hmmm...I'm stumped on this one :-(

Maybe this is yet another reason why some folks are asking for dual-deck automix back.

Inviato Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 12:38 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)