Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Static noise and hum

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Old School Mobile DJ who's finally going digital. I'm using Numark CUE + TC+ DJ I/O on a HP Vista laptop w/ 2G ram. I haven't gone live yet because of static hum noise. I'm getting laptop fan static amplified as noise. I believe the source of the leak is my soundcard DJ I/O. Is this possible? If so, what high end card would guarantee me noise free piece of mind. I have tried another HP laptop with same above setup with same results. HELP!

Inviato Sun 27 Jan 08 @ 11:22 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
See this post first. its not normal to have leakage from your laptop activities to the sound card, so its probably a ground loop problem:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/84525/Hardware_Technical_Support/Laptop_is_hissing_(in_da_club_only)_at_home_is_ok.html

The very first thing you can check is to see if the noise occurs when the laptop runs on internal batteries. if that fixes it, you know it's a ground loop problem. if it still occurs, then you can start to examine other factors like the audio card.

for ground loops: safe alternative is to get the box, risk-related alternative is to just get a plug adapter which lifts the ground.

frankly i have seen no evidence that it is 'unsafe' to lift the ground considering a laptop uses dc power only, but im tired of arguing about the subject, so just go with 'it's risky and unsafe' (also despite ive been doing it for 10 years, but admitedly that is not a logical conclusion to the argument at hand)

Inviato Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 4:28 am
You may resolve the problem at home but when you dj a gig at another location, the problem will return. Windows XP is the best operating system to use when dj ying with a laptop. Vista picks up alot of interferance. XP is the way to go. If " serato " recomends using xp over vista because of its reliablility and i do to. I play every week and reliability is everything when you are dj for politicians and high rollers.

Inviato Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 9:59 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)