Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: PC guy looks at Mac

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm a pro vdj weddings etc. on PC. just got a new gig to wire a new club for Video and want to consider mac.
I need auto mix for promo only vob files
I need no freezes / crashes
I need quality video and sound
I need NO skipps / hiccups etc

Is the mac / VDJ at this level yet ?
what config of mac - $ not the issue
thanks

Inviato Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 8:08 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The new V5 for Mac is great no crashes or hickups , video and sound quality is great.

Mac is a low maintenance platform and works great out the box.

V5 will be out very soon.

Inviato Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 6:26 pm
hkd987PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Well im no expert but the only program that will auto mix video is going to be virtualdj

serato wont do that and there is no other dj software out there that does video except pcdj vj and that is just a clone of virtual dj

Inviato Sat 02 Feb 08 @ 9:58 pm
skyfxl wrote :
The new V5 for Mac is great no crashes or hickups , video and sound quality is great.

Skyfxl.....I'm testing vdj automix for tens of hours at a time. will mac v5 run no crash for 7 days in a row, are there literally no skips or hiccups, even in automix transition. how would mac v5 compare to xp / v4.3 ? ( xp v4.3 is the best combo ive tested on pc so far )

Inviato Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 9:44 pm
skyfxl wrote :

which model of Mac / what config /

Inviato Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 9:45 pm

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 9:13 pm
hkd987 wrote :
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/9244000/wo/tL4SSoBhg0pd2qZi2pg19gDHR6X/2.?p=0

This one right here would be your best bet

link didnt work - pls copy text

Inviato Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 12:57 am
it is the middle of the road macbook pro but if you are not going to move the computer i and money is not an issue i would go with a mac pro

Inviato Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 10:23 am
Thats a good mac to get but a new core duo macbook is good if you just mix audio or want to do some ocasional video mixing.

If you want to use video heavily the macbookpro is the best bet with its dedicated video card.

Inviato Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 12:31 pm
skyfxl wrote :
Thats a good mac to get but a new core duo macbook is good if you just mix audio or want to do some ocasional video mixing.

If you want to use video heavily the macbookpro is the best bet with its dedicated video card.

whih mac desktop do you recommend for video / automix, what config and should I switch to Mac in my search for freeze free, skip free automix video ?

Inviato Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 5:50 pm
Karaoke isn't working, so if you make your money that way good luck. You will have to use an older version. Other than that, Mac is really the best way to go for professional applications. I use a PC at home but wouldn't trust it for a reception or a first dance EVER!

Matt

Inviato Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 7:07 pm
i have explained the problem on another topic to you knunchuksammy cue le is not yet at V5 in which KJ is greatly improved

the final stages of testing are in progress now and it should be out very soon.

Its working in the full version of Cue which is now v5.07

Inviato Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 2:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)