Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: I'm new =)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi all,

I'm new to this group. I want to learn how to spin mash-ups because I love electronic music mixed in with classic rock and other old time favs! I would liek to do this as a hobbie, for my friends, but not pursue any dj gigs in the near future. I work full time and go to school full time. Not time for that just yet... ;o)

Any advice? How do I start? What do I need and how can I enjoy this as a hobbie to unwind. =)

rox

Inviato Sat 02 Feb 08 @ 5:57 pm
3MYX DJHome userMember since 2008

Bonsoir Rox

je veux apprendre à mixer à l ordinateur car je suis un élève et un dj dans un maquis.
Mon souhait est de mixer sur l ordinateur car je rêves à ça.
Merci.

Inviato Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 12:34 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The most simple Mash ups are usually accapella (no music just words) songs mixed over the instrumentals of another song. Try finding some of these tunes for a start. If you can't find instrumentals you can loop portions of songs to create your own instrumental. There is no way to strip music so you just have the words, you have to start with the actual voice track for a song. Good luck, hope to see you as a full user soon.

Inviato Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 2:24 pm
jolikoHome userMember since 2008
salut je suis un etudiant et j'amerais devenir un dj sur le pc j'aimerais que vous m'ediez un peu.

Inviato Thu 14 Feb 08 @ 12:58 pm
joliko wrote :
salut je suis un etudiant et j'amerais devenir un dj sur le pc j'aimerais que vous m'ediez un peu.
What's wrong with this picture. If the majority of the language is different from yours. Isn't that a clue that it's probably the incorrect section.

Inviato Thu 14 Feb 08 @ 6:17 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
to add to what djej said, most remixes these days are produced, so beyond what he said, you need to start reassembling the tracks yourself in a studio environment (software or hardware). beyond that, using accapellas more or less the only thing you can do live. however its also worth looking into Ableton Live software which can help. I'm remixing alot lately, but its across 5 pieces of software.

Inviato Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 9:34 pm
GrantoHome userMember since 2008
Hello

Inviato Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 5:01 am
id say find some simple electronic tunes, id start by checking out dj zinc, his stuff usually simple but effective and the production is top of the line

eq is your best freind, but remember less is more - always cut never boost unless youre doing something unconventional

Inviato Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 2:35 pm
NRK PTHome userMember since 2008
If the beat do not appear in the early hours of work do not give up.

I usually create the sound in my mind. And then usually translate everything for the music. The music is a philosophy of life.

But above all do not be afraid to show your projects to your friends.

Good luck

Inviato Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 3:26 pm
Well I'm actualy going on accapellas now to mix with my favorite tunes. I've seen/heard known DJs do it and it's FABULOUS! I have reccorded a track myself using Martin Luther King's speech (I have a dream).

If u are interested, have a look on www.myspace.com/djdbacks =)
Hope u like hearing it as much as I did by doing it!
Have fun
Tolentino aka D-Backs

Inviato Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 5:00 am
i think your best bet to simply do that would be to pick your beat(house beat,break beat ...whatever type you like) and try to pick something not to busy and kinda off repetitive (sorry i'm french and i dont write very well in english)try to have with the least amount of melody and pretty much something very simple in structure......then pick your classic ....the one you want to remix.

now some people are gonna boo me with what i'm about to say..who care's ..dont listen to them.... use auto sync ...it's next to your play button on your vdj or cue software( on your computer) this will automaticly bring your beat in sync with your classic,

first play your classic....then play at the same time the beat you want over the classic, press sync on the deck that your beat is playing...now stop both..you'll notice the pitch of the rithym track changed ...leave at that setting.
now either play your beat first or the classic ...depends how you want it to come in..
.lets say your beat first...so start your track and if you look at the wave form on the top, you'll notice big squares and little one's go by to the beat of the the rithym track...
now bring the volume of the classic down to nothing and start the song, you'll notice that the squares dont match up, use the pitch shift buttons on the deck of the classic...it's a plus sign and a minus below your pitch...press either one but you'll notice your squares will start to match up ..make sure your big square matchs with the big one's and the smaller ones with the smaller ones....
when there matched, bring up the volume of your classic and it should sound in beat with each other....and there you go...this should work but not every track are made to match up..so experiment with this technique and sooner or later you'll have a perfect mix going..

i hope this helped a bit...tried to explained the best way i could ...let me know if you have any questions...good luck

Inviato Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 10:05 am
i just realised that you dont have gear?...if i'm right ...i would suggest you get yourself a home user download....you can purchase it in products section...vdj is deffinantly the way to go as far as dj software. then you can follow my advice to remix tracks...i had miss read your post.

Inviato Wed 12 Mar 08 @ 3:18 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)