Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crackling/Popping when adjusting Bass

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey everyone, I've been using the Trial version of VDJ downloaded from this site for a few days now. (5.0 Rev 4)
Great software but one problem is keeping me from purchasing it.

When I have a track loaded on each deck and attempt to adjust the Bass on either of the tracks, I get a slight crackle or "popping" out of the audio.
This only happens when I turn the knob of the bass control either down or up. Since I have to feather the bass from one track to another in order to create a smooth transition, it really is impossible to do. It happens when using just the software on the computer, and also when I have my Hercules DJ Control MP3 connected.

Ive loaded the software on 3 different computers ( desktop, 2 laptops) all with the same problem.
Any insight as to why this is happening is greatly appreciated! This software is near perfect for what I want to do, except for this final issue.

Laptop Specs:

HP DV6505US Laptop
MS Vista Home Premium
1.5GB RAM
Conexant Sound Card (Default Laptop Audio)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor TK-55 1.80GHz

VDJ Settings:

All default except I have 'Safe Mode' and 'Overclock' unchecked.

Controller:

Hercules DJ Control MP3

Inviato Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 4:02 pm
Which version of vdj, if it is 5.0 then go to cfg, performance, and check (or uncheck0 Safe Mode, move the performance slider to the left (fastest) and set latency to Auto.

Inviato Sun 03 Feb 08 @ 11:04 pm
yea it's 5.0. Thanks for the info i'll try this when I get home. !

Inviato Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 9:04 pm
this issue is still occurring after making the changes above.. anything else that could possibly be causing this problem?

thanks

Inviato Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 8:46 pm
Cid KHome userMember since 2004
Yeah am having the same issue, crackling and poping while using the knobs, but i got the full version 5 R6. Anybody could help please...

Inviato Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 1:43 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cid K wrote :
Yeah am having the same issue, crackling and poping while using the knobs, but i got the full version 5 R6. Anybody could help please...

@Cid K

Add ur serial at ur modify ur profile n grab the latest updates.

@Eliktronix

Minimised ur background/un-needed process that may be werking in ur PC background proceses. Also try to check whether there is IRQ conflict. Or off whatever is not needed;)

Inviato Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 1:43 pm
Terrordog your message was hidden til a teamer can see it. Before throwing blame at VDJ for the sound engine you should really look into possibly a system issue as I have seen this many times before. Could be IRQ sharing, or more. Instead swearing and bad mouthing vdj ask for help.

Inviato Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 4:28 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ Terror dog you are registed to use 3.4 console edition i assume you are using this.

This version is now quite old since this Pro V4 and V5 sound engines have been vastly improved for usage in pro environments you might want try out the latest demo.

Check this link out to see if you have any potential conflicts on your machine this would cause strange clickings as the conflicting hardware are fighting for resources.
http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/change-irq-settings.htm

If you notice a conflict and want help just ask here.

Probably not the case and im not suggesting any thing against your character , this is a tip , if any one uses an unofficial copies can cause similar issues due to hacks performed in the applications code , if you have such a version do a full uninstall and then install the latest console version or demo and this should clear it up.

Inviato Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 4:45 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I find I have to load a track and turn the gain down -8 should do it and then any cracks etc are negated. Get a much cleaner sound as well.

I'm still using 3.4 it's the most stable

Inviato Tue 12 Feb 08 @ 12:57 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)