Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 5.07

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I downloaded 5.7 and installed it however I noticed that it was like re installing it for the very first time and not installing an update, should I of uninstalled the old one first?

Plus I cant find anywere on the forum were it states what has been done.

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 1:59 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It will install over , the previous version , but it is better to uninstall as it means you have all the latest versions of the files needed for VDJ to run ,

just remember to back up the database files in my documents.

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 2:14 pm
If I go to programs and features in vista and remove it from there after Iv backed up my database is this sufficiant to remove everything so that I can do a better install of 5.7?

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 3:09 pm
Yes that would be fine , its not critical to make it work but its just good practice to do a clean install.

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 3:22 pm
Thanks a lot.

Inviato Tue 05 Feb 08 @ 4:06 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Don't you still need to go into REGEDIT and delete VDJ
from the registry also?

Inviato Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 11:01 am
Thats only necessary if there is a corrupted install its not generally needed also now the info tab in config has the option to Reset all settings to factory defaults which will repair corrupted installs.

Inviato Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 1:02 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Thats only necessary if there is a corrupted install its not generally needed also now the info tab in config has the option to Reset all settings to factory defaults which will repair corrupted installs.

Thanks.

Inviato Wed 06 Feb 08 @ 5:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)