Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: asio driver issue,no timecode signal??

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hello...everytime i open vdj...it give's a message saying ...error with asio driver...thing is i only have the numark sound card that came with virtual vinyl...i dont have a controler plugged to...i can use my mixer fine.....with the sound card....so that driver must be working but i get no timecode signal off my deck at all...the wires are tested and fine and in the right area....i cant figure it out....

pls help
thank you

Inviato Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 10:08 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I suggest you do a reinstall , of the latest version 5.07 and try a different usb port.

Inviato Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 1:19 pm
hi...i did it...i still dont get timecode off my turntables but i get a much more responsive set up with my mixer and the sound card...it keep's telling me there's a problem (((error with the asio driver))) when i try to auto config the timecode???..

thanks...changing usb ports did something ...not sure what but it works much better then it ever did ...thanks again...

Inviato Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 7:53 pm
just to add to the previous post.....i dont use anything that would need asio driver's....i would think...

Inviato Thu 07 Feb 08 @ 7:55 pm
ok so apart from the asio driver error and still not calibrating for timecode, i got running on automix for 7 hour's and going, all off my external hardrive.......so software is working ...just want to be able to use my decks....do you have any idea why it wouldn't be working cause of an asio driver i dont even need...i think i dont need it..
another issue is every now and then one of the tracks will max the gain for some strange reason...could you help me with that also
anything helps..
thank you for your time

Inviato Fri 08 Feb 08 @ 6:27 pm

Inviato Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 6:06 am
This may be a silly question but, when you are setting up the TCV options what did you select for Sound Card? Are you using the ASIO Driver, or the Virtual Vinyl Box? The VV Box should appear as an option.

Inviato Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 7:42 am
Thats true i thought it curious you are getting asio errors as the vv box doesn't work like a normal sound-card , this screenshot is from mac but its the same setup options you need to choose on windows

is it set like this ?

Inviato Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 7:49 am
yes it is set up that way when i try timecode, although right now i'm testing with a 2 channel mixer chosen and no decks......there's sound going to my mixer.....the vv box is chosen and being used for sound to my mixer...and right now it'd been running on automix with video for 10 hour's....sound thru the usb is working...just not timecode...'''' i've been getting 2 different error...sometimes...most of the time ...it says error with asio driver...i press ok...and software works fine....other times....it just says error in sound driver, then my screen says it's not optimised screen resolution...the screen goes all strange then when i press ok it goes to normal but will most likely freese within an hour of automix...
could it be my decks...i have 2 ttx set to phono...my vv box is set to phono( no ground wire's) cause ttx's are internaly grounded and then i plug the thru wire to the phono of my mixer...i wanted to try setting the decks to line but the thru would go to a phono on my mixer cause i cant switch it to line...just a thought...i dont think thats what the problem is but none the less it's a thought...or it might be my video card...nvidia 8600 128 meg video card and also i have the new santa rosa platform on my pc...maby that could be the issue...

i'm scratching my head....no clue anymore what to try...but i'm impressed with the software's consistency.

thank you all for your time.

Inviato Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 9:00 am
i just downloaded the new driver...i think???...it looked like it was 5.0.7. witch is the version i've had since the beginning.... the driver i downloaded from the instl cd i got with vv....if there is a better one to try or is the newest driver built in with the 5.0.7 version of vv....cause when i instled it basicly just reinstled vv version 5.0.7.
thanks again

Inviato Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 9:09 am
You probably downloaded the new VV not the driver , what you need is the the inf and .sys to install the vv box in windows send me your email address via p.m and il get a copy to you

click the envelope symbol next to my name to send a p.m

Inviato Sat 09 Feb 08 @ 9:28 am
so...somehow ...everything is working right now even thought i still get the error with the asio driver???? timecode is working but the sound quality was just horrible but i tweaked it and it started being better but not normal some times and it comes in and out with out any warning...could be the difference in the video files i have but i dont think so...

another issue i was having is trying to upload skin's and getting it to work...gave me an error with xlm file

thanks again

Inviato Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 9:36 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)