Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Strange Feedback Noise During Breakdowns

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello everybody,

I'm not sure who else is having this problem, but I am getting some distorted feedback during the low parts of trance songs. this happened about halfway through my set, and continued. The feedback is only during the breakdowns.

I am using a desktop computer with:
Virtual DJ v5.07
M-Audio Xponent

Specs:
Core 2 Duo 2.33 GHZ
WD 320 GB HDD
Asus P5K Motherboard
Nvidia 8600GT

I am using the Xponent as a sound card.

Inputs->none
Outputs->Headphones
Soundcard: Asio Driver
Asio Driver: M-audio ASIO USB Driver
Output channels: master 1&2, Headphones 3&4

Drivers for the Xponent are installed.

I have confirmed this to be a VDJ issue because I tried the exact same song at the same bpm with the Xponent in iTunes and it sounded fine. Also tried reloading VDJ, and checking ultra low latency. Didn't seem to help.

The whole set went well, but I will probably have to edit the parts with the noise.

Ryan

Inviato Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 1:16 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you hear clicks/pops (crackling) sounds on soft parts or low pass filtered parts, than it's
probably similar issue that I had, when sampling rate of soundcard or tracks (don't remember)
was 48khz. Use standard 44.1 khz mode and adjust 48->44.1 conversion settings under
"Performances" tab for tracks/videos sampled on 48.

Inviato Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 3:10 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
sounds like a ground loop problem. the sound is probably always there, you just only notice it during breakdowns because your mean output is much less.

to check this, just try removing the ground connection using a common power adaptor. if the problem goes away, this is the proof. then go out and buy a ground loop isolator so you dont have the risk of a power surge blowing your computer, or worse... normally with laptops alot of people just isolate the ground from the power coupling, but i dont recommend this for a desktop at all. the power supply should never be ungrounded, but just for the sake of experimentation, you can do it once for a few minutes just to see.

Inviato Sun 10 Feb 08 @ 12:26 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)