Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Problem with Video Card, need some advice plz.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Im starting to buid my PC for VDJ, this is the setup only for VDJ, so it will only have WinXP 64 pro edition, a .PPS player and VDJ.
Hardware:

Intel DP35DPM MotherBoard
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 64 bits, 3.00 GHz with 6 MB cache and 1,333 MHz bus
4 DDR2 667Mhz 2Gb Kingstone modules (total of 8Gb) pretty cheap right now memory modules.
2 HHD Western Digital 500Gb SATA
Acer 19" LCD monitor (only with analog input, so I use the DVI-VGA converter that it cames with)

I was using the internal video card this week, but yestarday I bought a generic (power color brand) PCIe16x video card with ATI's X1550 chipset and 512M DDR2 of ram. It has dual DVI outputs and a S-VIDEO output. I downloaded the most recent drivers (relased this year, 2008) for 64 bit windows, from ATI's page, and instelled them. The video card works perfectly but I cant acvivate the second display. I just right-click on the monitor pic (on display settings) and when I check the destop extend tab, the primary (and main) screen goes blank for a second, but still does not activate the second display.

Then I installed the catalyst utility from ATI. And now offers (via ATI software) activate the S-Video output, but when activate the main monitor goes blank and now in the TV I saw the windows desktop, but not as "extended desktop".

Today I just sold the video card to a friend who is a game addict, but now I dont know what video card to buy to work without issues. Any suggestion?
Thanks!

Inviato Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 3:41 pm
Im thinking that maybe that video card needs the second monitor TO BE connected to activate the s-video output, but I will not use 2 monitors in this system.

I preffer ATI over NVidia, I dont have any particular reason, just I havn't any issues with ATI until yesterday with this model.

Any suggesitons on another Video Card PCI Express 16X with 512mb RAM, with S-Video out that can be used as a secondary display???

Thanks!

Inviato Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 4:24 pm
Yes, both monitors have to be connected before, you boot. If you are using s video, I think you have to use the top connection for your monitor.

Inviato Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 4:38 pm
Now everything got sense. So there is no way that I can work only with one monitor and get the second output from the S-Video like if it were another monitor.

That’s the way that all the dual video cards work or only this one in particular?

Thanks!

Inviato Wed 20 Feb 08 @ 7:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)