Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Strange software and/or display failure

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

First time this has happened to me in over a year of using VDJ. Everything was going fine, I was about two hours into the gig with a packed dance floor. I was playing one video and had another cued. Then, BAM! no more sound or video projection and my screen is full of flashing video artifacts. It was like horizontal lines of blinking multicolored nonsense. My first thought was, "oh !@#% my video card just died," but after a hard reboot I had no more problems for the rest of the night. So was it hardware or software related or both?
My machine:
Lenovo T60 laptop
Intel dual core 2.0ghz
Windows XP Pro
2gb ram
Ati x1400 128 mb
Vantec laptop cooler
MK2 DJ Controller
Timecode vinyl
VDJ version 5.0.7

Inviato Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 2:57 pm
I too have had this happen and a reboot did the trick. Makes me wonder if it was somethin in the video card memory or somethin, Try to update your video drivers and direct X if you havent lately. I cant remember the last time this happened to me.

Also check you4 monitor connection to see if all the pins are there and arent bent. I had a weird experience when one was missing a pin and it made the video card do some weird stuff:)

Inviato Sat 23 Feb 08 @ 4:17 pm
Glad to hear I'm not alone. Yes I recently reverted to an older version of my video driver because the last new package did more damage than good. I will try to update again and see if that helps.

Inviato Sun 24 Feb 08 @ 11:52 am
Check the cable to your monitor (main) for bent pins, also search for direct x and do the update.

Inviato Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 2:52 am
I've got the direct x update. To check the pins on the monitor cable I would have to take my laptop apart, right?

Inviato Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 9:39 am
No, because the computer's monitor output is female. You want to check the pins that plug into your computer's monitor output.

Tim Breckheimer
Phoenix, NY

Inviato Mon 25 Feb 08 @ 9:55 am
Ok, no bent pins that I can see. Direct X is version 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904). Can anyone tell me if this is the latest?

Inviato Tue 26 Feb 08 @ 6:12 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)