Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: vv strange vinyl timecode wobble/stutter issue

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

alright, every time i use my turntable with vv it acts funny, i'm still getting an asio driver error but it is recognizing my vinyl, when i go to advance view i get auto config, and i can use the vinyl but the sound quality and the movement's of my hand on the record are not acting right, it has i allot of distortion in the sound, yes my gain is low, my mp3 is of very good quality and it works fine without timecode, also when i scratch video it lags behind and doesn't keep up with my movement's,( yes my needle is new) when i back spin, i have to do it slow with the record so the software keeps up but if i just scratch normally it starts to lag and doesn't keep up, it kinda starts to wobble or stutter, anybody else had this issue???,
it's getting better, i realised that i have to turn on my pc before connecting the sound card and then turn on the software after, thats the only way i can even use timecode or else vv crashes, i'm using vista and all these issue are making me frustrated , but when it work's, it works so beautifully that i'm realy happy with my buy but i cant wait to get working right, up to know since i've had it for about 2 months now i have had about half an hour of perfect video scratching where it changed everything i did before...amazing thing this software is, just wish it would be more user friendly and consistent.
thanks for who ever takes the time
just be sound

Inviato Sun 02 Mar 08 @ 2:22 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi ,

What is your Pcs Specification?

what quality % do you get in time code config?

Have you tried setting auto latency on performances options?

Which cartridges do you use you use? the best to use with vv are Concorde Digitracks they are specially modified for use with binary records and will reduce signal quality losses.

Have you tried going to config > info and pressing restore factory config ?

Inviato Sun 02 Mar 08 @ 4:31 pm
thanks for replying
i use a dell xps 1330 with intel core 2 duo t5450 at 1.66ghz with 1.67 ghz of front side bus with 2 meg cache, it has 3 gig's of ddr2 ram ...it has a 128meg dedicated nvidea gforce 8400m gs .....
- i get 100% timecode ( but obviously when i touch the record/scratch it goes down to zero when it's stoped, but i think that's ok)
-i use shure m-44 needle's, it's practicly new. i want to wait before changing my needle's...i've been using that bran for a very long time.

-i havent tried reseting to factory yet. would i lose all the presets i've done ????,shortkey's etc....
- i've tried setting to auto latency, no difference what's so ever, same issue

fyi....the issue i was having before was an error in the asio driver,( witch i still get???) but i use the vv box, so it shouldn't aply, also i've realised that the initial problem of it crashing was that i powered my pc with the sound card connected and when i would try to use timecode, there would be nothing in the advance tab, so if that help's anybody...connect your sound card after your pc is powered then turn on vv and that seem's to help me alot, i use vista and i'm assuming all the problem i'm getting is with that and not with the actual software.

thanks alot for all the help skyfxl

Inviato Sun 02 Mar 08 @ 6:22 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Its confusing that you are getting the asio error that shouldnt happen.

Its fine for the signal to drop during a stratch or when it stops yes

It would do but you can back that up its shortcuts.xml in My Documents > Numark Cue

If you are still not having any luck pm me your email adress and i will send you a new driver file for the VV box.

Inviato Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 7:50 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)