Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 3.4 or 5.0.7???

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have been using 3.4 for quite a while. But I had some time and thought I could finally figure out how to use 5.0.7 . Well now I've done it!!! the new let's just call it (5) wouldn't find any songs on my laptop or it's external hard drive except one karaoke on the external. I'm an intellagent man, can't spell for a crap but I can figure things out. I finally gave up after 5hr.s of reading forums and the user guide. Now the 3.4 won't even work. So I uninstalled the 5 and tried using the 3.4, won't work...looks like I have to do a complete reload of that one to. I have a I.Q. of 141 and this shit drives me absolutly bonkers!!! I f#$@in hate it!!! All the people who work for me love the 3.4 because of it's simplicity but the new one offers many advantages, better sound engine, better automix, but where is the automix button? it is labled on the top but just moves the screen around. I use the button during karaoke. Ok, reloading did nothing except loose every change I ever made!!! and now I get the sound card error. I'm trying a system restore...while I wait I'll let you know I'm a little cranky. Could use a stiff drink. Neck, shoulder and elbow are killing me now after 5.5hrs on the computer. Just took some advil. Ok, have music but still getting sound card error, direct X. Marked my sound card and it works. System needs many changes to get back as streemline as it was, have to go to msconfig and check stuff off. Sh*& all the samples have to be reloaded.have to open up another laptop and mirror. Ok, got stuff working again. I'm back to what I think I had 6hr.s ago.

I guess I need to post a question now. Why with all their wisdom and tallent can't they just improve the 3.4. Make it work with less lag, better auto mixing, more samples and a few other small changes. I still use the 5.0.7 on my home computer, it's connected to the net and may be that's why it works. I keep practicing on it just in case it really is the future. I just use the laptops for gigs so everything is disabled. Ecept the system restore thank God! Ok, I vented, it's been a long night. Good Luck!

Inviato Sun 02 Mar 08 @ 10:36 pm
Ok, back to normal but I can't remember how to remove the global database button. Anybody?

Inviato Sun 02 Mar 08 @ 10:48 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
here2stay wrote :
Why with all their wisdom and tallent can't they just improve the 3.4. Make it work with less lag, better auto mixing, more samples and a few other small changes.

We did. It's called progressive upgrades - 3.4 -> 4.x -> 5.x For all those running the version 3 series it will not be an easy transition. Everything for version 5 is based on the prior version being in place - v4. If you truly want to make the transition on your gig machine from 3.4 to 5.x; then you need to be willing to bite the bullet and rebuild. Converting the database is not going to be a simple process and very unlikely to happen 100% because you don't have the v4 install to go from 3.4 -> 4.x .

Inviato Mon 03 Mar 08 @ 5:53 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)