Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Question About Virtual Vinyl

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey, Im looking for a cheaper alternative to the 600$ CDN and up style of Virtual Vinyl. I have found things liek torq and other but am wondering if they do the same job becasue they are only around 300-400 $ which is amazing if it really is the same deal. Anyways, hope someone can clear this up for me, Thanks!

Inviato Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 3:52 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry i dont quite follow what are you asking for a comparison between Torq and VV or?

Torq is still very new, and still needs work in the timecode department , please be aware that all version updates are charged for ie 1.5 2 , 2.5 for torq

You buy VV once and the upgrades are free.

Inviato Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 7:27 pm
another thing about torq is the soundcard you get with it is very cheap, like bad plastic cheap, the other huge factor is no plug in support and no video....video is a huge bonus and deffinantly worth the extra 300 cdn and on top of that the sound card is realy good, it's sturdy and simple

Inviato Sun 16 Mar 08 @ 12:18 pm
I totally disagree with the cheap soundcard statement regarding Torq The design of it maybe crazy looking but the sound quality is on par with Serato's sound card. and it works extremley well with VDJ. This is a professioinal soundcard. Also you have mic and headphone input, in theory it can be used as a mini mixer, and you can use this card with Pro Tools. And I love the fact that when I want to play normal CD's it's just a matter of turning a knob and I can play it with no issues, and with VDJ playing on the other deck, no "Y" adapaters needed.

Inviato Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 2:40 pm
The torq box is a fast track pro inside a plastic case , which is a mid range card , but if its working well for you great :)

Inviato Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 2:59 pm
Thanks guys, seems like its all opinions here though unfortunately. As for the updates you mentioned earlier... I AM still able to use it straight out of the box though right? .. and what do the updates do? Thanks

Inviato Mon 17 Mar 08 @ 5:56 pm
It works out of the box updates include new features , skins and plugins ect.

Inviato Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 8:44 am
skyfxl wrote :
The torq box is a fast track pro inside a plastic case , which is a mid range card , but if its working well for you great :)

just curious what soundcard you were using before VV

Inviato Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 2:48 pm
I was using a maya 44 usb and a Mk2 DJ console.

Inviato Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 4:52 pm
skyfxl wrote :
I was using a maya 44 usb and a Mk2 DJ console.

so was I (Maya44 USB), and the Torq audio interface is a HUGE upgrade over the Maya 44 USB

Inviato Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 4:55 pm
cool glad to hear it works for you.

Inviato Tue 18 Mar 08 @ 5:15 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)