Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mac Broadcast Radio Server configuration

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Please, please please, is there a file I can edit to configure the Broadcast configuration for shoutcast streaming. The Mac version VDJ 5.07 is corrupting anything entered in the broadcast Server field, making it *impossible* for me to uplink to a stream!

I am literally out of business until I get this fixed. Please, I need to get this to work.

Inviato Sat 15 Mar 08 @ 11:10 pm
Ok, I self-hacked this and got a solution. Ends up that for some reason (buffer overflow, memory corruption, who knows) the
/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist file might of been corrupted. I made a backup copy of this file, re-installed VDJ, then once again made a backup copy of this plist file, and it looks like we are ok now.

I suppose time machine would of worked too (us lucky Mac) users, but I don't have that enabled.

On the mac, this plist file isn't user editable (at least from what I can tell). I saw prefs editor utilities for windows, is there one for osx?

Inviato Sun 16 Mar 08 @ 8:01 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Sun 16 Mar 08 @ 8:05 am
I just found the prefs editor software online in that post. I wasn't expecting the plist file to be binary (damn you, Steve Jobs!).

Thanks for the tag-back.

-a.

Inviato Sun 16 Mar 08 @ 8:18 am
For those of you who are interested, btw, this is how I got the best results for Internet Broadcasting/Streaming with OSX and the MK2 Hercules console.

I use a second computer connected to Line2 and flip between the VDJ "Deck" and the Line as needed for various purposes (Skype/VoiceoverIP "Live" calls) or other things from a second Windows PC. This could be a CD Player, Turntable, whatever... I never use Line1 because you have to "choose" between either the Mic or the Line Input (crappy hardware design, but hopefully the RMX will be better).

Soundcard is setup in the standard recommended fashion (4.1 input, Hercules driver...look elsewhere in the forum under the stickys).

However, for best results, cable your 1/2 Master output from the Hercules to the Line Input of your Mac. Then go into Mac's sound control panel, pick the correct "input" and set your levels there. I actually have the Master 1/2 output from the 1/8" Mini plug going to my studio amp and the RCA outputs going to the Line-In on the Mac. Hindsight..I probably would of been better off reversing that and going 1/8" to 1/8" and RCA to RCA, but I probably wasn't thinking clearly at the time.

Now, when you go to broadcast, choose "Line-In" as your broadcast option. I found that the "Master+MIC" option would broadcast the connected microphone and VDJ5 music "Decks" but not any of the Line inputs to the Hercules. Choosing "Line-In" will broadcast *everything* that comes out of that master channel. Wickedly cool.

Inviato Sun 16 Mar 08 @ 8:38 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)