Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Small delay or skip (hiccup) - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ partysmartly

How have you setup your mixer in outputs?

You should have two cards selected and the usb codec selected on both of these if only one codec shows up :

Close Cue
Make sure that your Mixer is powered on, and that both USB ports on the Mixer are connected to the computer.
Click on the Mac Desktop so that Finder is displayed in the upper-left of the screen.
Select the Go menu from the top of the screen and choose Utilities.
In the window that opens, double click Audio MIDI Setup.
Once the Audio MIDI Setup utility is open, select the Audio menu at the top of the screen, and choose Open Aggregate Device Editor.
In the window that opens, click the + button.
Under Structure should be listed four USB Audio Codec devices. Two of them will be listed as having 2 inputs, and the other two will be listed as having 2 outputs. Place a check next to the second USB Audio Codec that is listed as having 2 Outputs.
Since Cue can already see the first one with outputs, this procedure will allow it to see the second one.
Click Done.

Launch Cue.
Click the Config button in the upper-right of the screen.
Click the tab titled Sound Setup
Set Inputs to None.
Set Outputs to External Mixer.
Set Sound Card(s) to 2 Cards.
Set Sound Card to USB Audio Codec.
Set Second Card to Aggregate Device.
Set Output channels to Left deck: First card Richt deck: Second card

Then you should be partying!

Inviato Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 3:29 pm
I am using 5.7 VV. Mac book pro 2.2 ......... 4 ghz ram. I have tried all the setings.

Inviato Sun 30 Mar 08 @ 9:31 am
sky.. i dont think this small delay has nothing to do with soundcards as the delay isnt heard in my case. it is a visual delay on the wave display. they are mp3 files 192 or higher.

Inviato Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 5:26 pm
All this time I thought you were talking about the audio "hiccupping". If you're referring to the waveform hicupping then I have had the same problem on my Macbook. Although after the slight hiccup the waveform is where it should be in relation to the audio so I find it to be a small issue. I just assume it will be fixed in the next update. Is that a fair assumption?

Inviato Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 5:42 pm
skyfxl wrote :
@ partysmartly

How have you setup your mixer in outputs?

Then you should be partying!

Thanks Sky...

Inviato Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 5:48 pm
yes, i'm talking about the waveform...is a small issue but when Im trying to beat match and then that happens, it actually throws off the match. Hopefully will be
fixed on next version...just glad i'm not going crazy and it's not just me having this problem.

Inviato Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 7:20 pm
I'd go with skyfxl's recommendation about an external soundcard (The perfect use for an old, obsolescent Hercules MK1, BTW), & add an additional layer of precaution by "unloading" the deck before you put the new track in. I'm using an older machine, so the "blip" was also showing up, but, I found that, if I unloaded the decks before I loaded the new song, it didn't happen, & I've been spinning glitch-free ever since (Knock wood!).

As for the visual "blip/pause" in the waveform: I have it, & I don't consider it a problem, since I wait a second before I start to check the cue & begin to beatmatch, anyway, to allow the track to fully load, & by then, the blip has passed & I can beatmatch with the wave just fine.

Inviato Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 11:50 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)