Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon HD2500

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

muzzaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Any chance we can get native support with this controller?

Inviato Sat 22 Mar 08 @ 2:46 am
I dont think so. The HD2500 is not a Midi contoller, but as a request of users and to add an aditional feature, Denon team made a firmware to send midi signal, so can be used as a midi controller, but CANNOT recive Midi signal (because it has not midi hardware inside). If not support midi in, then cannot display anything, cannot turn on leds and lights, etc. So, if VDJ put native support will be the same as the map of the controller. I personally think that there's no reason to do work that has already done.

Inviato Mon 24 Mar 08 @ 2:36 pm
You are joking right?.......What work has been done to support this software? & native support is not the same as map of controller.

MIDI involves mapping (No leds)

Native support is code written specifically for the controller to communicate with the software.

Hence the display, leds, etc.

If you do not own a HD2500 why would you opinionate in not supporting VirtualDJ native control or finding no reason for others?

— Denon DJ, a leading manufacturer of reliable, premium-grade DJ equipment, today unveiled that its flagship model, DN-HD2500 Media Player & Controller will offer even more versatility by adding USB MIDI/Audio Interface to its arsenal of performance rich features. This newly added function closes the gap for the thousands of computer performance DJs who have been seeking a reliable, high quality, rackmount solution to control their favourite MIDI compatible DJ software without compromise. Many major software vendors such as, PCDJ-Reflex, Serato Scratch LIVE , Virtual DJ, Traktor , MixVibes, and Torq, are just a few who are offering MIDI mapping capabilities and in some cases native support. MIDI mapping provides an open platform for the DJ to determine button function against software features by a simple “learning” procedure offered in such software. The DN-HD2500 connects to a *computer, running your favorite MIDI compatible software. All playback and other controls are transmitted over USB MIDI in real time with near zero latency.

Inviato Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 8:45 am
muzza wrote :
You are joking right?

I was not joking. I just wrote my opinion and what I think and believe.
I know what is Mapping and what is native support, I tried to say that will work the same way as the mapper relased.

muzza wrote :

.......What work has been done to support this software?

A map, thats the work done. You can download it even from Denons site:
http://denondj.com/temp/HC4500/1PHATDJs_HD2500_mapping_VDJ.zip

muzza wrote :
& native support is not the same as map of controller.

Everybody knows that it is not the same. Who is saying that is the same? I just said that will work as the mapper works. No Leds, no Lights, no displays. Why? becasue the way that the HD-2500 was desinged.

muzza wrote :

If you do not own a HD2500 why would you opinionate in not supporting VirtualDJ native control or finding no reason for others?

You're right. I dont have a HD2500, but I was going to own one before I decided to go for the HC-4500. I read a lot in many other forums before and after buying gear that helped me A LOT to decide what to buy. I just tryed to help you with my opinion and sharing that I have read before here and in other forums, I really sorry if that pissed you off. Good luck with your hd2500 & VDJ.

Inviato Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 12:36 pm
Actually you made me laugh and confused me a little.

My question to you would be, How did you possibly help?

By mentioning that in your personal opinion there is no reason for anyone to code native support for this unit?.....hmmm

The link you provided me with i already have. It is an XLM file with the midi mapping already mapped! It is the same as going into VirtualDJ's settings/controller area, selecting MIDI and configuring manually. DOH...... In other words THE SAME THING.

I would like native support. Which is entirely a different situation. It has to be coded using SDK. Hence my original post.

Have a look at the Developer SDK's menu on this site to bring you up to speed.

i Already have native custom mappers for HerculesDJconsole and DAC3 controller, having native support for HD2500 would be a bonus not luck.

Perhaps my question would be better directed to the development team or some of the talented coders in this forum or maybe i'll be patient and wait a bit longer.

Inviato Tue 25 Mar 08 @ 7:58 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)