Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: RME HDSPe ExpressCard/34 & Multiface II

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok, so i was being stupid earlier and the simplest thing was messing me up. I recieved the box just before noon yesterday at the office and then went out after work to my favorite bar with some colleagues and found my favorite gin is being stocked (Hendriks) and immediatley proceeded to consume the entire bottle among 3 of us.

The RME deserves some time for review. I can't say how impressed with it, although i have yet to test on timecodes. It actually runs quite stable on 0.7ms latency setting, but to be conservative I keep it on 1.5ms (64 samples). It's a real beast. Still trying to figure out how to connect my digital output from my Xone:3D.

But already, Im comparing sound quality from EMU 1616M, M-Audio Audiophile Firewire, A&H Xone:3D onboard sound and the RME HDSPe & Multiface II.

There are subtle differences in sound quality where the RME and EMU are a bit sharper. The EMU 1616M (not 1616) has Digidesign DACs inside, which makes it a monster card. The RME is just as good, but slightly different, not sure how though. You can really hear decays on hats.

The mixing interface for RME is way better than the EMU as it's more clear and more information to see and it;s collapsable. It took a whole day and half to figure out the damn patchboard for the EMU, whereas it;s obvious with RME.

The Multiface II also comes with free software called Digicheck which is supperb. Its basically a monitoring program with all sorts of meters. It wont put any hit on processing either which is even better. I think I will no longer need to use WaveLab to properly record and monitor my mixes (Which I could see was straining the CPU more).

As far as stability, I cant comment completely yet because im gonna get some CDJs in and hook up the TCVs and go apesh1t. But as far as doing stupid things like trying to break the cue button, it just rocks along.

I;ll continue this thread later on when I get more data on TCV. Im pretty sure that VDJ and RME combo will be better than anything out there. The responsiveness is utterly impressive and the quality of fit and form is also supperb.

4.7 out of 5 from me (.3 only because the 0.7ms rating isnt quite stable enough to use)

Inviato Fri 28 Mar 08 @ 3:09 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)