Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Database location (XML)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

arvyControlleristMember since 2003
Hey there,

my VDJ 5.0.7 trial is installed on D:\Multimedia\VDJ5
my songs are in F:\DJ\ (I set this folder as favorite)
my "My Documents" is G:\MyDocs (changed by Windows XP Tweak UI)

Virtual DJ 5.0.7 is creating the file "VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml" on the root of drive F:

F:\VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml

How can I config it to save the database in G:\MyDocs\Virtual DJ\VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml ?

Thanks.

Inviato Sat 29 Mar 08 @ 10:18 pm
arvyControlleristMember since 2003
No idea? :(

Inviato Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 10:16 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
The database in v5 is I believe designed to be on the same drive(s) as your files are on.

It has been designed that way so if you go to a venue that has VirtualDJ installed, that all you have to do is just plug your drive(s) in and everything is there for you, i.e. Time, bpm, cue points etc.

Please look at this post by Cstoll explaining more in depth, Database Issues and Further Explanations

I hope this helps you.

Jimmy b

Inviato Mon 31 Mar 08 @ 10:45 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The CORE Database file is by default stored in your My Documents -> VirtualDJ folder.

Now typically this would be the C: drive location and that file would store all the information about content on the C: Drive

In your case, not sure what happens. Not that picky about where things install.

But as Jimmy mentioned, outside of the Default CORE Database - all other databases are created in the ROOT of that drive and stores all information related to content on that Drive. So, all files on the F: Drive - their information is stored in the created database file in the ROOT of F:\\

Inviato Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 6:08 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)