Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: GETTING GIGS AND PROMOTING YOURSELF

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey guys,

I used to be heavily involved in atomixmp3, and now I really don't post much on the forum any more.

However, I'm sick of my day job...So much so that I know that with the dj skills that I have in the town I'm in a can make an impact

and get gigs.

The only question that remains is where to start?

Let me know what you think...

Thanks

Inviato Tue 01 Apr 08 @ 5:57 pm

Inviato Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 8:28 am

Inviato Wed 02 Apr 08 @ 11:44 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
not sure how big your town is but the secret to getting gigs in a city with a well sized scene is to be out there all the time. always be around so your face is always in recent memory and always have promos. djing is part of the social scene and successful djs are as much socialites as they are djs. when ur established you can take a back seat to all that and take jobs from the background, but it takes work and effort to get to that part

Inviato Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 1:47 pm
Make business cards and give them out. Let people know that you are a dj. Carry cards with you all the time because you never know who you will run into. Im gonna drop off my cards at a near by Hotel. hotels have gigs weekly. If you visit a bank, give the card to the teller. Anywhere you go, you give one out. Once people hear you and they think you are good, they will recomend you to others. Visit bars that have djs and ask if they need another one. I get many gigs all the time and most are from recomendations. Another good thing is to make many mixed cds to give out. They can hear how you mix. On the cd, leave a contact number for bookings. I make mixed cds with 7 genres. each track is a session of 5 or 6 songs mixed in. I made 100 of these and i gave them out at a private party that i djyed for 1200 people. I give a little to get more back.

Inviato Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 12:29 am
egzoHome userMember since 2008
Hi guys this is ma first solo mix if u wanna download it and give me suggestions about song :) here is the link http://www.freefileshost.com/d/6996
and u can give a mark 1-10 :) :)

Inviato Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 9:29 am
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007
egzo wrote :
Hi guys this is ma first solo mix if u wanna download it and give me suggestions about song :) here is the link http://www.freefileshost.com/d/6996
and u can give a mark 1-10 :) :)

Why is not an MP3. Sure its not a virus

Inviato Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 4:07 pm
egzoHome userMember since 2008
ofc its not virus mate :) that hosting requires files to be in .rar

Inviato Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 4:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)