Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The BEST controller/soundcard?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Yes, I am one of the "I'll use my serato box!" mac users that is pretty unhappy right now. But at this point, I just want to rock this on my macbook as the spring event season starts.
So with that being said, I am ready to buy another piece of this VDJ puzzle to get my macbook up and running and stable.
(A) is there a way to make the serato box work with the aggrevate device that is a high quality solution?
(b) What is the most popular SOLID working soundcard for the mac if you did not buy the VV box?
(c) Is that new hercules box as overrated as it sounds? I know we were excited about it, but i read some quick reviews and it seems like people are not really that happy. It sounded like a great solution on paper...is anyone really happy with their purchase of this?
I have had my pc shiat the bed on me at a high profile wedding last year, so I am so ready to have the stability of the mac with me now, but I want to go with the highest quality, TESTED AND PROVEN product there is.
I use VDJ primarily for video mixing, and I have a
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per processor): 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03
SMC Version: 1.4f12
Serial Number: 4H625574U9C
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
I thank you in advance for your professional, factual opinions.
-DJ Terry Moran
Myspace.com/TerryMoran

Inviato Thu 03 Apr 08 @ 11:17 pm
I am trying to get this ready for a professional show with 1,000+ people, can anyone shed some insight?

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 10:53 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 3:36 pm
Sky,
It's not that I don't want to use it, I just don't want to buy VDJ AGAIN in the cue form to get this hw.
Are there any options? You say the DJio and others work fine? Do I have to use the 'aggrevated' device on these like the SSL Box? Is there any documentation to get the SSL box working with timecoded cds?
I appreciate your help.
-Terry
Myspace.com/TerryMoran

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 3:49 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi only VV bypasses the Aggregates.

Mac SL1 is locked to SL only and cant be used in any other application like on windows.

The other cards work great for general usage.

This should all hopefully change in the next update.

The DJ.io is not intended for timecode it is however a great card for previewing or using a mixer.

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 4:46 pm
SKY,
I guess I am confused...my ssl box works with VDJ on my pc, but not my mac...i guess I can live with it.
Has anyone considered giving VDJ users a break at Numark VVbox only? Or would we have to pay full price for the whole package?
-Terry

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 11:30 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Unfortunately, u need to purchase the NVV package as the box is not sold on its own:(

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 11:54 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)