Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I NEED a sound card/HW solution that will let me.....

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DJ like I always have! I want to use VDJ for videos. I have serato, and I use it for videos on my pc laptop, but here are the limitations I am not happy with:
1) using the laptop so much - I'd like to set a playlist, and be able to navigate from a hw device
2)video crossfader - see above, right now I can only dbl click the display screen to activate the crossfader. I know there are shortcutz, but I don't want to touch the PC for this! I am a DJ, not a computer engineer! (at night, anyway)
I see there are a bunch of options, I am just looking for opinions here on the BEST equipment hw/sound card option there is. I would use it with my denon dns-1000s or my turntables.
Please give me your input on your favorite, rock-solid system so I can get this up and running for good and just rock the party!
PS- I use both MAC and PC laptops, and would like to lean on the mac more.
-Terry

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 2:26 pm
Terry, a couple of months ago I was like you. I am 100% hardwareDJ and wanted to try videos, so the more realible solution without the need to mortgage the house to buy Pioneer gear was VDJ. But what hardware was the right choice for me? I did go for the:

Denon HC-4500 (just as denon dual cd player, incredible feel and nice looking, it has sound card)
Denon X-500 (my first denon mixer, and the crossfade can be used to crossfade videos when it is coupled the mixer with the HC4500)

The mixer its a 4-ch, so you can use the other 2 chanels for the dns 1000 with regular CD´s as back up if the laptop crashes (can happen).

HOURS of fun and flawless playback!
Hope it helps!

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 11:20 am
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
im using Xone:3D which is awesome for controlling everything. cdjs are fun, but only give you scratch capabilities. the xone has enough interface to do everything including select tracks, effects, samples, etc, etc. along with my new RME HDSPe and Multiface II soundcard, the system is extremely fast and works with very little latency on timecodes and is very stable (even on vista which ive newly started using). the gear was not cheap, but im at the level i have wanted to be with my setup for a long time.

you can check my blog, there is a post about the midimap i created and you can see in the image what control i have mapped to mine. you can set it up any way you want, just takes the time. i also stand by A&H DJ mixers for many years (the PA line isnt as good as others tho)

Inviato Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 1:39 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)