Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Dell Computer Problem

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey guys.. For all you techs out there.. gotta a question.

My sister's friend dropped off two computers to me (two Dells) .. one a laptop and one a desktop. She wanted me to "clean" it out. I backed up some of her stuff. Reformatted the hard drive and re-installed Windows XP Professional and the correct hardware drivers. The notebook was running Intel Centrino Processor @ 1.83 GHz @ 256 MB RAM -- recently upgraded it to 384 MB RAM. The Desktop is running with an Intel Celeron Processor # 2.4 Ghz with 256 MB Ram. The computer seemed to be running fine till I started getting "Memory cannot be "read"" errors. It pops up with shutting down and when you quit applications. It showed source codes but I don't remember what they were. The codes were like "0x9mnskwi" (just an example).
I click ok and that's it. It's not effecting anything. It's just annoying those messages pop up. It's happening on both. Now when I got these machines, they were LOADED with viruses.

Has anyone run across a problem like this? If so, how did you resolve? If you need additional info, I'm sure she is going to be calling and asking.

Thanks in advance.

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 5:11 pm
Remove CMOS Battery if possible, let sit overnight, reimage.

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 10:18 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
This is a software issue caused by a background running program or damaged system service. I normally go into the MSCONFIG set for selective start up, disable all non-microsoft services, click "hide all ms services" under services then uncheck any remaining services. Next uncheck all startup programs. If you still have the same issue, run all Windows updates, update system drivers, scan for viruses and spyware. Worse case reload Windows. I go with the hour rule, if it takes more then an hour to fix, reload Windows. It will run better faster and be error free, unless you install the same offending program again.

Here's some info From: http://www.pantherproducts.co.uk/Articles/Software/windows%20shutdown.shtml

"Every time Windows starts up, a number of programs within the start menu are automatically loaded. As these are programs which are loaded every time the computer starts and I'm guessing you have these shutdown problems consistently then these could be the source of the shutdown errors. Again using MSCONFIG you can select selective start up and uncheck the box which says load start up group items. Restart the computer and then attempt another shutdown. If the system hangs on shutdown then this is not your problem. If you have a successful shutdown then load MSCONFIG again and select the start up tab. using the method used in the other steps isolate the problem by only allowing one program to load at a time. Restart the computer each time so a different program loads up until you isolate the problem."

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 1:36 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)