Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 5.0.7 Just locking up solid during playback

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

pookie3PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hello,

I am running the following:
Athlon x64 Dual Core 5600 2.8 Mhz
XP Pro
2GB RAM
256 mb Video Card
C Drive=300 GB
D Drive=500 GB (That is where all the music is)

Controller = Denon HC4500

Problem: VDJ starts up just fine but when I was using the full video skin it would just lock up after about 10 minutes or so. The time code would stop on the HC4500 and clicking anywhere on screen wouldn't work. It won't even let me do a Ctrl-Alt-Del to shut down the program. However, it does keep that one song playing until the end. My only option is a hard restart of the computer. All other programs work fine and the computer is lightning fast on everything, this is the only issue i am experiencing.

This is what I have tried:
- Re installing VDJ (same issue happens)
- Re-Image the computer (same issue happens)
- Disconnecting the HC4500 (same issue happens)
- Use the Basic Skin (goes for much longer, about an hour, then the same issue happens)

Does anyone have any advice on what may be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 6:45 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 8:18 pm
Yes...i have upgraded firmware on the HC4500

Inviato Tue 08 Apr 08 @ 11:07 pm
Are your C & D drives internal or are you connecting one via USB. If so, copy some music to your internal drive and see if it locks up (Disconnect USB Drive). If it doesn't lock up, your problem may be competition for your USB resources. Try plugging into a different USB port to see if the problem persists. Just some things to try, sorry if this doesn't help you solve your problem, but it lets you try other things instead of just waiting frustrated. Try the C-D Drive even if both drives are internal to see if they are competing for internal assets.

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 10:15 am
Thanks Reuben....sounds like you are thinking the same way I am. They are both Serial internal drives. I have tried playing files from just one or the other....same issue.

I did the "tweeks" to try and improve performance, it is locking less frequently, but I still don't trust it at a show. I am wondering if anyone knows the best settings to run to minimize these lockups?

Thanks again to all.

Jeff Dick
Abracadabra Entertainment

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 1:43 pm
Hi Jeff!, just a couple of questions:

pookie3 wrote :

- Disconnecting the HC4500 (same issue happens)

What do you mean with this? Did you unplugged and plugged again? or Do you mean that still freezes if you play without the controlled plugged?

Have you tried to use it without the controller plugged?

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 2:52 pm
What i meant was I ran VDJ without the controller attached to the computer. And yes, it still freezes. :-(

Any ideas?

Jeff Dick

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 10:58 pm
Hew to the forum, I am considering purchaing the unique software. My friend owns it and uses it with a trigger finger controller. He has a vaio laptop and iv'e witnessed it flicker than the screen would go blank and the music is still playing. it would bug me out. I'd laugh my ass off cause he's frustrated. Being a regular working DJ in N.Y.C I would not feel comfortable using this software with known major bugs like that. I thought it was an isolated issue with his p.c. until i read this RECENT post. i hope u guys upstairs are listening because reliabilty reigns supreme over all the features in the world. But i must say that when it is working that program is Killer. Nothing can mess with it right now. Just in case u were wondering out there My rig is sick 2 1200's, Denon 9k's with 800 mixer, Denon 5k's with another 800 mixer(love the x-effect which they discontinued). and a Massive Total Yorkville Sound System.......Plus Serato.

Inviato Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 2:53 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Your friend should register his software and come here and ask how to improve his performance. A lot of DJs world wide use VDJ in clubs with great success. I understand your cautiousness but VDJ is rock solid once is it properly configured. All it takes is a little time to do so. NOTE: If your friend is using a "cracked" version his problems are his own creation..not VirtualDJ's!!

Inviato Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 3:33 pm
ignoredHome userMember since 2008
I have found a lot of my troubles were instantly remedied by disabling my wireless network card. It reduces the load on my PC by not trying to log on and off the net all the time. Also disable programs running in the background (virus, spam, etc). Not needed if you are not connected to the net...

Inviato Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 11:25 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)