Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recurse option for Mac's

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I’m a little disappointed since I bought VDJ pro edition thinking that I was going to have all options that PC users have; example: “Recurse”

You guys have to think outside the box, no all djs may use this option since they use playlist but I use both. I really need this “recurse on mac”

Thanks all users that make this Forum possible!

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 9:23 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi its simply not possible because of the way a mac works.

Mac uses a Unix file system which doesnt support the notion of recursing like windows does.

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 08 @ 10:01 am
Hi Skyfxl,
there should be a better explanation than "not possible because of the way a mac works". Because of this simple thing I have to run it on Windows OS.

Did Virtual dj(atomix) or Numark had an input from apple at all?.

Anyway all my music is in external fat32 hard drive, do you think that might help the process or it would be a waist of time keep trying on this. I believe I’m not the only one with this issue.

Thanks for the support.

Inviato Fri 11 Apr 08 @ 1:29 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi ,

Apple has given details on this one.

To be more specific at a basic level.

Apple uses FINDER as its file management system / GUI http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/finder.html

Windows uses Explorer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Explorer

Programs use the GUI to browse and load files you will notice when you try to load say a sample it will open finder or explorer contained in a program window.

Both these systems provide a graphical user interface to the basic commands of the operating system , pcs use dos for this and macs use terminal.

The browser uses similar functionality to provide a gui to show your music files so therefore it is dependent on features in the os.

OSX which is based on Unix uses a very different system than windows to refresh what is in the folder it does not support the concept of the windows based VDJ recurse.

Its simply just not possible due to the very nature of it being a different system.

The dev team have tried various ways to try to get round this but its just not possible in 10.5 .

Inviato Sat 12 Apr 08 @ 4:52 pm
Skyfxl,

As always thanks for your help.

I guess I’ll have to get use to ride a Ferrari (Mac) with a 2.2 liter Honda engine (XP)

Inviato Mon 14 Apr 08 @ 9:43 am
Hey...I don't know if this helps you at all or not, but as long as all the songs are 'in the database', I go to the search field and just put in a '*', which gets me a full listing. It may not be specific to the folder that your'e in though. Closest I could get to 'recurse'.

Inviato Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 7:10 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)