Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: need help mixing

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

do anyone know 2 good songs to mix so i can practice.... sorry its my first time and this seems fun
also thanks for helping

Inviato Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 6:46 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
When I first started mixing I used two copies of the same song..
practiced blending it back and forth..
Try that..but the list of two songs that fit together is ginormous........

Inviato Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 6:53 pm
mmm alright ill try that, any other advice?

Inviato Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 7:00 pm
Something you can do without software is listen to any song you hear and count the 4/4 beats. You will learn to have a since of rhythm. I know it sounds silly but I teach my 8 year girl to count beats. Now she understands how to find the 4th, every other beat and quarters.

Once you learn how to find the 4 beat count then you can leart to beat match.

Learn to earphone mix first, this will teach you how to seperate the two song in your head and listen independently.

Like Tear Em Up said - put two of the same songs and change one songs pitch by maybe 1% or .5 bpm. Try to keep on track using the jog wheels or pitch bend. Practice with greater distant bpm between songs.

put a variety of songs on and count the beats by 4s before the vocal kicks in or you can do the same thing with hook of the song. This will teach you the make up of most songs. If you listen to techno / house then maybe a member can step up because I can mix by don't know how to explain how to mix them besides beat matching.

Inviato Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 9:03 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Everything works from 4....4 beats, 8, 16, 32, 64,128 beats for the breaks[as far as house is concerned, the same can be said for hip hip..but it is not as constant like house is]. Every blend is built around this count, or it should be. If done properly the songs actually "sing" to each other. Some jocks like to tweak the EQs while mixing. Some like to loop and blend. Others still like to hit the play button at just the right second and go for broke. It is all very personal, so you must find your own style....good luck

Inviato Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 9:20 pm
got any 2 good songs i could work on?

Inviato Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 10:37 pm
lucuis123 wrote :
got any 2 good songs i could work on?

Dude, we just gave you some gold nuggets on how to mix and practice. Take it run with it. Then buy the software and come back to us with all the questions your hearts desire. We can't pick a song for you too. This is up to you as to what feels confirtable for your listening skills. We do appreciate wanting to jock but you haven't shown us your level of commitment. Once again we gave you insight to being a DJ go practice and if you have any questions there is a terific forum on HOW TO MIX in the music mixing forum. PAZ and other members have gone through great lengths to out some tips and clues on mixing. Don't cheapen their efforts by not doing your homework.

Remember, what did DJs do before forums and software... THEY PRACTICED until they figured it out. Then they practiced some more to get better, Then they practiced to be the best, Then they practiced for street cred and recognition.

SO WHAT AM I SAYING - go practice.

Inviato Thu 17 Apr 08 @ 11:29 pm
If you like hip hop Tone Loc's "Wild Thing" and Salt n Peppa's "Push It" mix real easy. Each one plays nice over the other's base line. Play with the EQ, loop the bass line from one track take the bass out of the other and mix the two. You can do alot with these two tracks, they are very simple and straight forward and have great hooks. Good luck to ya.

Inviato Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 7:57 am
Most 50 cent songs ( except In Da Club ) which has an irregular beat (double beat). His music is very basic with a specific pattern. I really suggest Ushers Yeah. Theres no extra beats and it has a straight foward 4 count beat. VERY SIMPLE to mix.

But once again you gotta be able to recognise the 4 counts because it doesn't what song we pick have to hear the beats.

Inviato Fri 18 Apr 08 @ 12:03 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)