Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Does VDJ Radio play on Windows Mobile?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Id like to play VDJ Radio through my pocket pc but I cant get it to stream through the media player. Im using an iPAQ with Windows Mobile 5. I can browse to the radio website fine but thats as far as I get. Any suggestions how I can get it to play?

Cheers
grug.

Inviato Sun 11 May 08 @ 12:11 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Of course not... IPaq has a very small processor... and don't is made to performe multimedia content...

Regards

Inviato Mon 12 May 08 @ 3:34 pm
Well thanks for the condescending reply. *sarc*

I can play mpeg and mp3/wav just fine on it so why couldnt it do streaming on a fast connection? The browser works fine for most websites (including this one) it just cant install flash because its a mobile version of IE. The processor has nothing to do with why it cant work in this case its the programming involved.

Anyone else who might know an option?

Inviato Wed 14 May 08 @ 6:45 pm
Hey Grug I don't think that Andres was trying to be condescending at all. He is a very nice guy. Maybe it was a poor choice of words as alot of our Teamers and users communicate with languages other than English. His primary language is Spanish, so take it from someone who knows him, he is a nice guy ;)

MADD
Radio Team

Inviato Wed 14 May 08 @ 7:01 pm
No worries. Im very IT tech savvy so I know it should be able to work somehow I just got frustrated at not being able to find a solution myself. Not being able to hear the tone of the reply the "of course not" got me the wrong way.

Inviato Wed 14 May 08 @ 7:53 pm
Ok. I found the solution (for portable devices that have OS Windows Mobile v.5)

Download a program called winamPAQ v1.0 beta http://winampaq.en.softonic.com/pocketpc
Install / Run
You will get an error message saying in_wm_ppc.dll just click OK
click the bottom left button of the program then the + sign at the top of that menu
type in http://radio.virtualdj.com/listen.pls
OK
you will now see a 1. in the bottom screen of the program, click on it and press play.

Inviato Thu 15 May 08 @ 1:58 am
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
What I was thinking?? I don't know why I read that you want to use VirtualDJ (software) in an iPaq, :s sorry...

I'm glad you find WinAmp for Windows mobile, the radio can be heard in many devices, even in a mobile cell phone if it can play an URL as a valid music input. geezzzz I apologize for this misunderstanding.

Regards,

PS thanks Madd.

Inviato Thu 15 May 08 @ 4:52 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)