Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Beat match on VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,

I'm very new in virtual DJing, so I would highly appreciate an assistance on my major issue: I'm plaing italo-disco & house, I have match BPMs with CBG manually, but the problem is... Example - I have a track playing on Deck A (mastermix), I have prepared, beat-synchronized and set up a cue-point on deck B track... however, anytime I'm starting the cue-track on Deck B, the beat is delaying. Is there any trick I'm missing? I'm pretty sure the decision is easy, just can't figure it out. The Pro-users' response would be a great help. thanks in advance!

Inviato Tue 13 May 08 @ 2:36 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Are you using a controller or a mouse? what version of VDJ are you using? It might help us if you post your system specs so we can determine if this is a machine issue, or a set up issue.

Inviato Tue 13 May 08 @ 2:38 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes please help us to help you by being as specific as possible :)

Inviato Tue 13 May 08 @ 4:56 pm
It doesn't matter what I'm using - my Hercules RMX controller or mouse - same result... cued track with correctly preset cue point always delayed. I'm using VDJ 5.07.

Inviato Sun 18 May 08 @ 10:28 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
OK, now if you would please tell us about your computer. The size of the hard drive, processor speed, amount of memory. The more specific you are the better we will able able to assist you.

Inviato Mon 19 May 08 @ 8:14 am
Well, I'm really confident it's not a laptop issue... I'm obviously doing something wrong with cue-point setup (or, maybe, with cue-point start), or missing something in VDJ settings. Anyway, I'm using brand new HP Pavillion:

Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit)
- AMD Athlon(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57 (1.90 GHz, 512KB L2 Cache)
- 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M
- 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

If it'll help... I hope...

Inviato Mon 19 May 08 @ 3:39 pm
I'm assuming that you are talking about a hesitation, when starting up deck B. If that is the case, make sure that both tracks are overlapping beats, before starting deck B. When the squares for deck A and deck B are matched (one on top of the other), start deck B. If this is what is happening to you, VDJ lags deck B, until both decks A and B are matched, then it plays deck B at the speed you desire.

Inviato Tue 20 May 08 @ 12:08 am
Thanks, djbigdaddy! Well, probably "hesitation" is a correct definition... Sorry, I'm not a native English speaker. However, what you saying is pretty obvious and that's the way I blend now. What I was inquirying about: is there any way in VDJ to start the deck B track EXACTLY from preset cue-point, without any delays - as you know sometimes in the mix you want start cued track suddenly, without smooth transition, which is pretty easy to do... Hope I have explained myself correctly. Thanks again...

Inviato Tue 20 May 08 @ 8:46 am
like a fader start or Q start

Inviato Tue 20 May 08 @ 12:33 pm
You can suddenly start a cued track without delays, but you have to have the auto beat match turned off, to avoid any possible delays. If you don't have it off, you can only rely on luck that the beats will match up and not cause a delay. The only other option I can think of would be to have your fader all the way on deck A, start deck B, then do a quick fade to deck B, if you want to use the auto beat match, along with sudden starts.

Another thing is not to soley rely on the squares for beat matching. You are better of trying to match the wave patterns. I've noticed that sometimes VDJ will match the squares, but the beats still don't match because the actual wave patterns don't match up.

Inviato Thu 22 May 08 @ 3:20 am
One more question: when I record samples, they appears to become very low-volumed. Is there any way to increase the recorded volume?

Inviato Sat 24 May 08 @ 10:03 am
kamcoHome userMember since 2009
Hi everybody, am new in here i just join today 1/5/2009. i want to download some plugins but i could'nt, can anybody teach how to increase my level and also i want to make friends, mail me at nicetry@wedontallowthat.com. God Bless you All

Inviato Fri 01 May 09 @ 3:05 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)