Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SBDJ ScrollText - Page: 4

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
any increase in the font would be very much appreciated Scott and yes please if they can be implemented in both boxes, at this rate i think i may coming back here in six months and asking if you could add a braille plug in for me. lol

cheers

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 2:08 pm
Have been testing this plugin and all seems good so far with the obvious exception of the redraw and jerking that can occur. Scott your work is awesome.
Looks like most people have requested the other things I would look for like Double Click to fire and Tick boxes to enable messages.
Is it possible there could be an option to position from the bottom rather than the top. I know that sounds silly/trivial but seems like a more obvious place to work from to me and avoid letters being chopped off.
What about a #TIME# macro
this ones a bit harder
#COUNTDOWN#DD/MM/YY HH:MM:SS#COUNTDOWN# I'm thinking ahead to New Year already. but where you could mainly use time only, so maybe as #CDOWNDATE# and #CDOWNTIME#

I'm also curious how you plan to get SMS into the plugin? Could the approval of messages be controlled by a separate window that feeds the ticker, essentially working like a chat client that would allow the DJ/Host to communicate back with the crowd.
(Possibility) Maybe a dev group to work on features for this separate add on application and we could look into buying a short SMS number and managing message routing by IP/web.

I had thought of more but have lost my train of thought just now. Surely that's enough anyway.

Cheers again.

Ross.

Oh just remembered.
Could we shift and scale the video position to allow the ticker to run below it rather than over the top it...thinking for long pages of karaoke graphics.

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 4:14 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJ Ross M wrote :

Oh just remembered.
Could we shift and scale the video position to allow the ticker to run below it rather than over the top it...thinking for long pages of karaoke graphics.

Somebody slap me with a wet kipper if I'm wrong, but I think the screen resizer plugin should allow you to do this... it'll squish the video for you, without touching the text.

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 11:25 pm
GREAT WORK RESPECT, VERY NICE

Inviato Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 12:53 am
djsherz wrote :

Somebody slap me with a wet kipper if I'm wrong, but I think the screen resizer plugin should allow you to do this... it'll squish the video for you, without touching the text.

You are indeed correct, but, I'd rather not have to use an additional plugin to achieve this for the degredation and possible freeze/lag issues discussed before.
Also if you change the size of the text you then need to change the size of the video again.
I was thinking to approach it like a tick box for video resize which would automatically adjust it to a size that would fit.

It was just a thought, ignore it if you like.

Ross.

Inviato Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 11:58 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Shouldn't be difficult to implement as an option, should just be able to modify the verticies of the default texture before rendering it...

Inviato Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 7:30 pm
Why not set it up to push the video up, show the text, then un-sqaush it again. Similar to what background does now, but with the video stream instead. this way you dont loose any video real estate.

Inviato Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 7:44 pm
Ohhh, Ohh, At a show at present, (love the net at work), just had an idea! New macro #NEXTARTIST# AND #NEXTTITLE#. Can we pull info fron the non active deck? A "Stick around.... comming up next #NEXTARTIST#!" would be awesome if it is easy to add! Obviously would not work with automix, but for live shows, would hep stop people leaving if they see their fave song comming up!

More thinking out loud!
Kym

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 9:53 am
Piece of cake Kym, will add that to the next version :)

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 12:16 pm
halo_djk wrote :
Why not set it up to push the video up, show the text, then un-sqaush it again. Similar to what background does now, but with the video stream instead. this way you dont loose any video real estate.

I had thought of that also but then thought that was asking too much :)

halo_djk wrote :
would hep stop people leaving if they see their fave song comming up!
Kym

LOL By the same token, if they don't like it, it may just be enough to push them out the door or leave the dance floor. But yes a good idea all the same.

Ross M

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 1:42 pm
Thanks Scott! =)

Il wear that Ross! =), just thinking of our dedicated Urban fans that get pretty um annoyed if they go without their fix for too long I guess.

K

Inviato Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 11:44 am
You can always leave it disabled, and fire it as a one shot message by double clicking it.

Inviato Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 12:30 pm
Smarty Pants, exactly what I was going to do!

And another free tip, that don't require Scott to do anything, If you add the same text twice, it will get double the airtime. Use this for drink specials or anything else you really want people to see!

Inviato Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 7:00 am
Yeah you could do that or if you really want to show off you could give messages a priority weighting
1 = Highest
2 = More
3 = Normal
4 = Less
5 = Lowest

Or you could just add your text twice like you said :)

Did anyone else see a use for a clock or countdown macro?

Ross

Inviato Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 8:26 am
Priority sounds good too. As for countdown, I do sometimes advertise "30 minutes till Urban" ect. So I could use it.

Inviato Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 9:09 am
Yeah I reckon I could make use of a countdown macro... probably more use as a static piece of text than scrolling though...

Inviato Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 10:20 am
All's quiet on this thread then.... just wondering if you'd done any more with your excellent lil' plugin Scott... ;-)

Inviato Sat 23 Aug 08 @ 11:21 pm
Not really, been concentrating on the new xponent mapper release. Will be adding a few more toys to this text plugin and then release the update :)

Inviato Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 7:08 am
Mmmmn "Toys"

=)

Inviato Wed 27 Aug 08 @ 1:26 am
**Sings**

Don't you.... Forget about me.... No, No, No.....

:-D

Inviato Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 5:21 am
13%