Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: How to end a set - Page: 2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

i havent dj'd in a club or anythting like that type of setting but i do record all of my mixes and usually end with a long sort of mellow song,one of my favorites is born slppery,i like it because it is a longer track and has a nice pickup and can keep you moving but the end of it is a nice transfer to let people know the music is probably done for the night or that it will set you up for something slower with a nice melody

Inviato Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 8:11 pm
I usually see my goodbyes and play "Time of my Life" sounds like a nice tune to end with but 9 times of out 10 I usually play what they ask.

Inviato Sun 08 Mar 09 @ 3:04 pm
I have found that by ending my night with the song" Goodnight Sweetheart" by the Spaniels works well..I can hear them singing the tune still as they all pile out while Im breaking down!

Inviato Wed 11 Mar 09 @ 8:21 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
My last track last night doesn't fit with most of the suggestions here, LK ;)

I usually just play it by ear, totally depends on the night and what I've been playing...

Inviato Fri 13 Mar 09 @ 11:36 am
BishPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've used (depending on the night);

Lionel Ritchie - All Night Long
Fatboy Slim - Praise You

But lately my fav is Fly Away (Fatboy Slim Remix). Esp. if you've had one of those nights where the crowd just demands conflicting requests, which conflict with what the owner wants played. I feel a great release of tension singing along to 'I want to get away, I want to fly away. Yeaaah'

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 09 @ 10:44 am
Where I used to work, it had to be Cliff Richard: It's All Over.
I've also used Silver Convention: Thank You Mister DJ
Or more recently, Dire Straits: Going Home (Theme from Local Heroes) from the Alchemy album.
Or the Ovaltineys: Wish Me Luck As You Wave Me Goodbye.
Or I knew a guy once who used to end with Ken Dodd: We Are The Diddymen.

Inviato Fri 15 May 09 @ 9:45 am
I ALWAYS END ON A REAL UPBEAT FAST 90'S MIX TAKE THEM BAK TO THE GOOD YEARS

Inviato Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 10:33 am
Depends on the gig, crowd, etc.

I always try and finish on something "upbeat". Not necessarily fast just something to lighten the mode so everyone leaves happy. They usually leave quicker when happy !!!

Typical last songs though are:

Frank Sinatra - New York, New York
Neil Diamond - Sweet Caroline
The Commitments - Mustang Sally
The Monkees - Daydream Believer
The Proclaimers - 500 Miles
Andy Williams - Can't Take My Eyes Off You (DMC Love To Infinity Remix)
Tom Jones - Delilah
Monty Python - Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life

I have even used these in some clubs usually where there's an older crowd or where there has been a few "crowd issues" shall we say. They either lighten the mood or people just leave quickly 'cos they can't stand the songs - either way, job done, doorstaff are happy and I can get paid and go home!!!

Roy

Inviato Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 9:56 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)