Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Could someone please shed some light

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi,
I have a problem with virtual dj 5.0.7

I use wave files alot so as they do not hold tages, i have to update my tags manually example genre etc...
The problem i have is when i try to copy some folders and files from my internal drive to my extenal drive, some folders and files keep the tags and some loose them completly example genre and bpm. I used the copy function in virtual dj and not through windows.

I know you guys will say "why don't you copy the xlm file to your new hard drive"

The answer is i cannot so that because some files or folder are from the c drive and some are from my d drive and i have to copy files and folders from both. Please help.

Inviato Mon 28 Jul 08 @ 4:05 pm
ANY RESPONSES ???

Inviato Sun 03 Aug 08 @ 9:02 am
I've actually done a lot of file moving and rearranging in the past, and I find that the latest versions of VDJ have a sort of "self-updating" xml database. What I would try as a test is to, in fact, do just what you said, and copy the xml file to your new hard drive. External drives, if you use one, already have their own xml database as well, spedifically for the files on that drive. One caveat, however. Be sure and make a backup of the xml. I routinely make a backup of my entire VDJ folder for safety's sake.

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 9:16 pm
i told you i cannot, because i have to copy files from frive c and drive d to an external.

Inviato Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 5:57 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)