Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Turntables

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I put it in search and didn't find much. So a new topic. I used 1990 Technic 1200's. Loved them. I'm buying again. I'm guessing that technology is catching up and that Vestax and Numark have closed in within a decade. There was nothing I couldn't do on the 1200's a decade ago so that level of functionality is all I'm looking for. So question...I know Technics folks are loyal (rightfully so) but as far as I can tell for $100 less I can get top of the line Numarks TTX's (or TT 500's that have the same motor and who needs a BPM counter?) or Vestax PDX 2000?, are the Technics that much better still? Much appreciated. I'd be curious what scratch DJ's use? Any comments?

Inviato Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 1:44 am
I have Tecs and they work great. The Vestax work just as well and have even more torque. The only difference is that the straight arm of the Vestax' will wear your records faster, but will keep the needle on the records (less skipping).

Killabee44

Inviato Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 4:52 am
tHX KILLABEE44. Is straight arm that much better for scratching/cutting/beat juggling?? Never tried .always an S shaped guy. Thanks.

Inviato Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 5:10 am
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
straight arm = better for scratching and s-shape arm = better sound quality
i have the numark ttx1s which have both arms. also had the technics before but they dont compete to the numarks

Inviato Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 6:27 am
I think the technics are still by far the best- for ONE main reason there's a reason the technics ARE a hundred dollars more expensive- its because of reliability and build. I've used the new numarks, stantons, and vestax- there are feature packed...but i just don't feel the "endurance", the solidity in them- also- another HUUUUUUGE factor for me- the technics motor and everything on them is so smooth. and not smooth in the slang term- actually physically smooth. Although...thats just my 2 cents.

Inviato Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 6:49 am
Technics hands down.....if you purchase them they will be with you for your entire career MK II 1200
Andre

Inviato Fri 14 Jan 05 @ 8:23 am
PJayPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ive used technics all the time previously and i thought i wouldnt like n e other deck but after reading reviews on the numark ttx1s, i thought why the hell not . and i can tell you, i didnt regret it 1 bit. excelent for scratching and the torque is unbelievable
PJay

Inviato Sat 15 Jan 05 @ 4:20 am
Thanks folks for your comments. Nobody commented on the vestax but sounds like folks like either the Technics or the TTX's. I actually might buy one of each. If only TCV's were available ;(

Inviato Mon 17 Jan 05 @ 11:14 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)