Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: a/c power noise but not d/c? and record in options

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

just wondered if any one uses virtual dj on the go.. like on a laptop

when im unplugged and running on battery theres no noise but when I plug my laptop(hp 2008 pavilion dv9700) in it picks up noise. Im using a Numark dm 950usb as an external sound card and fader.

I have tried power condiotioners and rf eliminaters and nothing works just wondered if anyone had any pointers?

on a side note virtual dj doesnt recognize my numark dm950usb as a source of input for recording (line in) any clues besides the microphone plugged into my output which has horrid quality (yah I read the thread of how to turn down volume and im going to flirt with it now)

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 9:20 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I think i can help you with your first problem.

I had the same issue running a dell inspiron 1505 with windows xp.

In your desktop,

right click>properties>settings>advance>troubleshoot> on hardware acceleration click back one line.

It worked for me hope it works for you.

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 9:30 pm
vista doesnt allow you to right click into properties or nothing on the desktop? is that what you are saying

Inviato Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 9:42 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Sorry i tought you were on xp, but to get to your hardware acceleration on vista try this:

Click Start in the lower left corner of Windows Vista.
Click Control Panel, click Appearance and Personalization, click Personalization, click Display Settings, and then click Advanced Settings.
Click the Troubleshoot tab, and then click Change Settings. Just move it one line back.

I know there is a way also to change the power options, so when you have it plugged in, you can change it like if it was on batteries. That also helped other vista users running an audio application.

These are the two options i know that could help you.

Good Luck!!

Inviato Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 7:51 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
It's a bit naughty, but I sorted my laptop noise problem the cheapskate way. Cut the moulded mains plug off, then fit a new plug, only with the earth disconnected. Works for me...

Inviato Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 10:54 am
wow thanks for all the help.. I will try and let ya know how it goes.

on the 2nd issue I went to numark tech support and as easy as it was I just had to add usb cable in my recording sounds and now virtual dj recogonizes it as input line and now I can record so clean straight from the external mixer

again thanks

Inviato Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 3:19 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
djsherz wrote :
It's a bit naughty, but I sorted my laptop noise problem the cheapskate way. Cut the moulded mains plug off, then fit a new plug, only with the earth disconnected. Works for me...

NEVER CUT OFF ANY GROUND TABS FROM ANY AC CONNECTION!!!!!! It is potentially dangerous!!!! VDJ does not endorse or condone any action altering the wiring of a factory designed grounding/earthing system ever!!!!!

Please do not cut any plugs off of anything. Go buy a ground loop isolator. It is not expensive and it will solve your issues, and not cost anyone their life.

Inviato Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 5:09 pm
hey when i go to control panel and get to last step of trouble shoot it doesnt allow me to click on change settings I get this command below it:

your current display driver does not allow hardware acceleration changes

and in power saving options It only allows screen brightness, sleep etc on vista

any more clues?

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 6:35 pm
i read all those forum links and one had some really great advice sounds like alot of mobile djs have this problem and its just picking up ground loop , found some cheap options besides cutting the ground off like a humx for 90 bucks so looks like ill go pick one of those up and see

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 7:21 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
TearEmUp wrote :
Please do not cut any plugs off of anything...

Fair comment, I really shouldn't be recommending that particular fix to others, sorry dude! *slaps own wrists*

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 8:19 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)