Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: REWIRE

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Why are all the rewire topics closed? There should be a permanent topic or forum open just for this concept.

VDJ Should be rewire capable. We all want to be able to play samples, VSTs, other instruments, and Drum Patterns in sync with VDJ.

It makes sense to make VDJ the master. There doesn't need to be a slave option, unless of course you were trying to do some fancy Ableton Life stuff but that's a whole other can of worms.

If VDJ is to remain completive, it needs to become rewire capable.. there's too many reasons why to mention.. otherwise I see it as becoming an amature program.. it is easy to use.. but lacks the flexibility more advanced mixing requires.. we want to mix many many different decks, sounds and platforms..

Please please please lets get some rewire going on here people!!

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 12:17 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The other posts are closed because after a prolong period of 'no posting' the forum automatically closes. As to your comments about needing to stay competitive -- if our competition was the 'advance mixing' platforms ( I am assuming you are referring to Albeton ) then I could see your point. But that is not the case. So though rewire would be a nice addition, it's just not in the current development scope at this point.

Inviato Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 1:03 pm
cstoll wrote :
it's just not in the current development scope at this point.

What about at this point?

From what I can see here, users have been requesting this for four or more years!

Inviato Fri 20 Aug 10 @ 1:06 pm
Well thanks for digging up a 2 year old post that still proves the point of how many are asking for it ... what couldn't find nothing about the VMS4 to complain about ???

Inviato Fri 20 Aug 10 @ 6:01 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
While you make a very valid point here.

cstoll wrote :
Well thanks for digging up a 2 year old post that still proves the point of how many are asking for it

Was this really necessary? This is the feature suggestion area.

cstoll wrote :
what couldn't find nothing about the VMS4 to complain about ???

Inviato Fri 20 Aug 10 @ 7:15 pm
Don,

Guess you haven't followed very much of the VMS4 threads - here and at AA site .... so it was a bit 'valid' of a question, since a 2 year old post was dug up with an such a weak statement.

Inviato Fri 20 Aug 10 @ 10:02 pm
Yes, it was "dug up" deliberately in order to make a point.

With VDJ 7 on the horizon, now would be a good time to introduce ReWire - or at the very least a MIDI clock output.

If you're not aware, Serato and Ableton are now in public beta with The Bridge.

Various other DJ software also has either MIDI clock out or ReWire.

This is a very useful feature, and is especially appealing to DJs who wish to go beyond
simply mixing a few songs together - therefore it would help to establish VDJ as a serious
contender rather than something bedroom DJs use (which tends to be how it's seen now).

Inviato Sun 22 Aug 10 @ 8:59 am
phluxPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Dear VDJ developers,
My first post as a Virtual DJ user here..

I've just recently purchased the software, and the lack of MIDI Beat Clock out has already posed a limitation. I want to collaborate with a friend who uses Ableton to have a DJ+Live jam, and the only way to do that now is for me to use Traktor.

Seems like having the current decks' BPM flow out of VDJ via software or hardware MIDI protocol would be key.

The temptation to complain and be disgruntled about it is there, but for now I'll just request it as a feature.

Thank you,
Christian

Inviato Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 6:14 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
VDJ already supports rewire, so will work perfectly with Ableton Live and is vastly superior to MIDI clock.

Inviato Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 7:34 pm
Yep, VDJ 7 is now all ReWired up!

I've tried it with Ableton Live Suite and it works.

VDJ has to be the master though, so start VDJ up first and close Ableton Live (the slave) first.

Inviato Wed 20 Oct 10 @ 10:02 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
So, no need to keep this topic anymore - Topic closed.

Inviato Thu 21 Oct 10 @ 8:13 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)