Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Recommend New Card (Not another TCV thread)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I know I should get a maya 44 if I want to use TCV, but that's not what I need.

I simply need a good soundcard to record from my mixer. Heck, it doesn't even really have to be good, just adequate. Any cheap cards out there with RCA inputs?

Inviato Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 11:26 pm

Inviato Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 2:45 am
DachPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Unfortunately it doesn't have RCA inputs, but the M-Audio Transit USB has amazing sound quality for ~$70. You can get a cable that goes from 2RCA to 1/8" pretty cheaply. It also has optical input, if your mixer supports it. They have other products that might suit your needs, but I don't want to sounds like a commercial for them. All I'm saying is i got the Transit, and I absolutely love it, and it meets all my needs.

Inviato Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 2:48 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
The maya Ex usb (not 44) has Rca inputs (2) and outputs (6)
And is working well with virtual dj.
And good price too.

Inviato Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 3:19 am
Thanks. I'll look these up.

Inviato Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 8:23 pm
I should add that I'm an XP10 user, so I do not need this card to output high quality sound. That is taken care of by the internal XP10 soundcards.

VDJ won't be using this card at all, other than with rip-vinyl recording.

Inviato Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 9:20 pm
Then, assuming you have a laptop with no on-board line in, you need a simple usb stereo in/out card.
Audiotrack/Esi and M-audio also Terratec, all have such simple and cheap audio interfaces.
I dont remmember product names by now, but check their websites.
www.audiotrak.net
www.m-audio.com
My recommedation always is to avoid sound blasters, (even for this)

Inviato Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 2:28 am
danielsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I do own a sound blaster mp3+ (or sound blaster digital music lx) which is exceptionally cheap and has one rca pair input. It offers a sound quality compareable to the maya ex or terratec usb (tomshardware made a review once). This one might fit your needs, but see for yourself. I guess it is the cheapest in that category, otherwise look for m-audio, rme or comparable sound cards.

Inviato Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 2:42 am
if you want to use TCV, you need 4 inputs! all of you guys are recommanding audiocards which have only 2 inputs. I'd say maya 44 usb is an excellent choice and is even ASIO2.0 compatible.

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 11:44 am
I don't need Asio or TVC, Cannonball. =)

I just needed a cheap solution for recording out of my mixer. My output is handled by XP10's and their internal soundcards.

I ended up digging through my box of old parts and came up with a soundblaster live value and gave it a shot. $6 got me a 2xRCA->1/8'' jack converter and the card records surprisingly well. Much better than I had expected, and well enough for me to record practice sessions and a mix here and there.

Thanks for the input, guys.

Inviato Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 3:10 am
You didnt say it was for a desktop pc, and we all gave recommendations for external cards.
Sure the sblive should work very well, i must have 3-4 of them in ...my box with old parts..

Inviato Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 4:00 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
try audiograbber as a software for ripping vinyl and/or sets. it's freeware, and offers very powerful functionality.

Inviato Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 2:20 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)