Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: a new dj console by behringer - Page: 2

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

you said it yourself: Easy analog-L.I.K.E. control of software mixer. it's still software controled (which does have latancy)
so.. i'm pretty convinced it is just another brother of the Hercules DJConsole... i'm afraid.

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 1:22 pm
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 1:46 pm
I believe the latency of the HDC is the software not the controllers. I have noticed it with all the controllers.

I love my hercules DJ console because of the all-in-one functionality. I carry a laptop and the HDC and that is it!

if automix gets a hold of a behringer, hopefully they will add naitive support into VDJ it would be great! If not, I will still be able to use it with Traktor and Reflex

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 2:06 pm
Ofcourse it is the software which causes the latency!

like i said, this behringer console has software controled sliders, just like the hercules console. That's why i'm sure it will have a latency, just like the Hercules console.

I'm just trying to make a statement here:

Software controled = Latency

and one other thing: i've seen the oher pictures, it has no MIDI-connections at all. so i don't know where those stories came from. How can it support Midi-functions without having one single MIDI-connector?

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 2:31 pm
pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 2:54 pm
Why would it be hard to work with if Atomix don't add support for what.. MIDI?
i don't need it for live-mixing.

MIDI= Musical Instrument Digital Interface.
it is used by synths, drummingdevices, samplers and sequencers to exchange information about notes and stuff.

In fact.. the only controls you need is your dialjog, pithslider and your cue & play buttons. That's all you need man. All of the other extra sliders/knobs would be nice -> if they had no latency! ;-)

Inviato Fri 21 Jan 05 @ 3:58 pm
because it doesnt have MIDI connector (the 5 pin DIN) does not mean it is not mIDI

it is USB with a midi driver

Inviato Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 1:23 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There is a similar discussion going on at DJ Chat. The resident Behringer rep had this to say (live from NAMM)

1. Right now, the software will work with any windows based DJ programs. It will be mac compatible before it ships (estimated as late 2nd quarter).

2. We're working on having rack ears included.

There will be more next week when he's back from the show.

Inviato Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 2:04 am
Just ask yourself are there enough inputs and outputs? (Weak on both if you ask me).

The knobs look cheesy. I don't know about this mixer. I would give it a 5 out of 10 from looks alone.

Inviato Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 6:00 am
goatusHome userMember since 2004
who cares what it looks like.. as long as it works well and sounds good.

everyone is judging this thing off a website with little to no real information.

Inviato Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 6:16 am
I am buying one

Inviato Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 1:33 pm
i will probably buy one and in my opinion it looks alot nicer than the hecules console

Inviato Sat 22 Jan 05 @ 5:25 pm
Wireless, you already said that ;) we know you will buy one.
that's great so you can test it for us :-D

Inviato Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 12:11 pm
I am buying one!

Actually, If someone could figure way to add real click switches to the Hercules DJ console I would be content with with keeping it. The damn thing is a pain sometimes to start/stop and messes up my mixes.

Rubber crap calculator buttons suck

hehe

Inviato Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 4:13 pm
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I agree re: buttons on Herc - tis why I started looking at the alternatives. Have now settled for CDJs + Time Coded CDs.

Inviato Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 4:24 pm
there has to be a way to solder click buttons on this thing

Inviato Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 4:30 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I have the same problem, i'm thinking to open small holes to pass the cables and glue microswitches
near or on top of the existing buttons.

Inviato Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 9:20 pm
I was actually thinking the same thing, opening up that sucker, and see what alternatives i have to these stupid rubber no good buttons :)

Inviato Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 11:21 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I open it already once, to fix the jogs (so sensitive - easy to move)
By puting some rubber inside.. they have better feel now..
Beware the white rubber buttons are all one piece and not separated.
I mean there is one membrane (or one for each deck..) and carbon contacts in the mainboard.

P.S. we are a little "of topic" here..

Inviato Mon 24 Jan 05 @ 1:34 am
Got a DMC 1 from my pcdj days!
This unit looks great, hope virtual dj adds support for this one.

Inviato Tue 25 Jan 05 @ 1:18 pm
51%