Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Error in the sound driver [VDJ PRO 5.2.1 + Hercules RMX] [SOLVED] - Page: 3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Just bought a brand new macbook intel duo core 2. 4 gig ram
I followed the instructions on the wiki page 4 times nothing works. Has anybody resolved this issue. I need help. Everything I try nothing will eliminate the error in sound card message.

Inviato Thu 19 Mar 09 @ 7:23 pm
cnd782 wrote :
I have the same issue....My RMX was working fine until I updated everything, VDJ & RMX. This is the only solution I could find for now BUT your headphones can't work! This is stupid...

I re-installed my hercules and still to no prevail. Why did this issue come up? This issue only happend when I updated my VDJ. Please find a solution and help...

Inviato Sat 25 Apr 09 @ 10:51 pm
Whoa, add me to the list of sudden sound driver victims. I've never had a problem until I updated to 10.5.7 this morning. But, I am using Herc rmx as I'm typing this(finally found a good excuse to try automix! Just playing slow jams at the moment). Back to the driver error, I used the solution below, and it works. I think this thread should be titled 'work around' instead of 'solved' because this was not the intended way to use the console. It works, but until today, I had no problem when selecting it in the prefs window. I think this needs to be sorted out as many of us has paid good hard earned cash for a 'proper' Dj software solution. I have not seen anywhere on the site warning us that VDJ does not work as good on mac as it does on windows!!!!!! Of course my hat's off to SpinnaJ for his efforts to keep us from losing our minds........ and yes, I will continue to use VDJ as long as I can because, aside from a few minor bugs, and 1 or 2 freezes, it has yet to totally destroy my night.....

Hey there ;-)

Sorry for my late reply !

But Yes, I finally sorted it out !!! I contacted the VDJ support, and they simply told me to use another sound configuration, so here is the conf:
You simply have to choose the "4-out card" in the soundcards, and then selects the Hercules RMX in the field "driver 1", and then I select the output channels as "Master: chan 1&2 Headphones : chan 3&4"...

And then it works just fine !

For the moment, this solution is OK, but I hope it has nothing to do with lack of sound quality or less usability of my Hercules RMX...I will test further on and revert ;-)

Thanks anyway for your helpful help SpinnaJ :-D

Inviato Thu 14 May 09 @ 6:08 am
Just finished a 3 hr set playing everything from lo bpm, up to School Days, and Green Light. No problems at all. Like I said before, the 'using 4 out soundcard work around' did the trick. I'm glad I read Tempora's post. Thanks..... Believe me when I say I was in panic city this morning. Lucky I decided to check with the RMX. Usually, it works so flawlessly, I almost always leave it in my car when I go home. Actually, I wanted to test timecode with the rmx, and see if it works. I used to demo for Stanton, and had a few tc platters in my closet so I wanted to check it out. But, that's another topic so I'll post again if I get good results. It'll be a couple days though.....

Inviato Thu 14 May 09 @ 8:54 am
dj_IRTHPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Grrrrrr!

I have been groovin' without ANY issues at all until a couple of hours ago. I got that message from Apple to update my OS to 10.5.7, after which left my RMX with amnesia! Switching it to "4-out card" does let audio pass thru, but the audio is kinda jerky, and my pitch has started drifting.

Again, I say, "Grrrrr!"

Inviato Sun 17 May 09 @ 4:02 am
bdb007Home userMember since 2009
my problem is, that i can hear the music playing in virtual DJ.
but i can't do anything with my hercules dj console MK2.
(mac)

Inviato Thu 11 Jun 09 @ 4:19 pm
Hello bdb007,

Please precise :
- your version of VirtualDJ
- your version of Mac OS
- your driver version for DJ Console Mk2.

Inviato Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 8:18 am
- your version of VirtualDJ = 5.O mx (ac BETA b3
- your version of Mac OS = mac OS 10.5.7
- your driver version for DJ Console Mk2. = where can you find this?

Inviato Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 9:51 am
I just bought a a RMX controller and was not able to get any audio output to the amp, I downloaded and installed the new driver set that was released and still nothing. I then checked the soundcard drivers and there was 2 being shown the old one and a new one with a longer name, I switched to this new soundcard driver and the system came to life. Check what soundcard your system is using.

Inviato Fri 12 Jun 09 @ 9:51 am
nvm, got it ;)

Inviato Sat 13 Jun 09 @ 6:40 am
Hi!

5.2.1 v.dj-t I am useful for Mac, 2 pieces Pioneer CDJ800MK2 , and Motu ultralite MK3 with sound card.
Why it is, that the timecode cd they are going at random, and the program it does not recognise it by way of me timecodle cd cue assigned a dot??

Inviato Tue 16 Jun 09 @ 4:41 pm
Thanks again everyone but I just recently purchased the Numark NS7 and it is the real deal!! Not 1 single problem. I'm so glad that I dont have to deal with the RMX anymore.......way too many problems. Now I just have to find someone willing to buy it.

Inviato Wed 08 Jul 09 @ 8:41 pm
hi all

I set up my system and did a sound check and all was well. I didn't use the computer for 40 mins, and it went to sleep. I came back and started my session.
I played the first and second track fine, but a couple seconds after I loaded the third track the sound and wavelength stopped.
I opened sound set up and checked that indeed yes, i had all my settings correct. The driver was already set at Hercules, but I re-clicked it and that's when the sound started again. This happened a couple times until in mid stride switched to a different music program.

I even rebooted VDJ and tried again but it still stopped playing.
When i went to close the program, it asked if I wanted to quit because the music was still playing, which it was not.

Liar.

I have not installed any updates. I DJ'd yesterday and all was well. I've been using this system 3 times a week for several months, and this particular issue has not occurred.

don't know what happened.

Thanks for your help.

Mz Lizz

Inviato Tue 21 Jul 09 @ 12:13 am
Hello RonnyTemple,

The sleep mode is a not safe for devices powered by the USB or FireWire bus, as sleep mode may reduce or cut the USB & FireWire bus power.

In my opinion, if you have a USB sound board and want to use it after the sleep mode, it is safer to disable the sleep mode.

If you want to keep using the sleep mode, I suggest:
- either you connect your USB sound board to a self powered (with its dedicated power adapter) USB hub, so that the sleep mode doesn't interfere with the power supply of the USB sound board,
- or, when leaving the sleep mode, to leave VirtualDJ, to unplug & replug your USB sound board (to re-initialize it) ant to relaunch VirtualDJ once the USB sound board is detected.

Inviato Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 2:42 am
Hey umm i have the same problem my sound driver is working everytime i try to open it
it pops up and leaves and then It just Doesnt play any music and before i never had this problem..

Inviato Mon 14 Jun 10 @ 9:16 pm
What my problem is... Everytime I plug in the Hercules Rmx Controller I have to do all those steps again, and again... Gets really annoying... You would think it would remember all of it.

Inviato Thu 24 Jun 10 @ 10:25 am

Inviato Thu 04 Aug 11 @ 2:12 pm
This topic is over 1 year old. The user has most likely found a solution by now.

[Old topic closed]

Inviato Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 4:19 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)