Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Split Cue - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

I can't believe this isn't available yet.

To truly be able to mix in the headphones without monitors, you need to be able to seperate your sources in the headphones.

I learned to mix with one ear on a can, listening to the cue'd up track and the other ear listening to the main program. Beatmatching the two. Then, bring up the new track and bring down the old track.

When split cue came around on mixers it was a Godsend. Now you could mix completely in the headphones. You didn't need an extra set of speakers to use as monitors. You could use that extra set of speakers to reinforce your sound.

Cuemix is ok. But it is hard to mix with both the cue'd signal and main mix signal in both cups.

It's much better to have Split Cue.

I know you can have Split Cue if you use an external mixer. But what if your using a Numark DJ|IO and a Total Control?
And you want to go straight into an amp?

Inviato Thu 25 Sep 08 @ 12:05 am
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Try with shortcuts:

Shortcut > System volume > Headphone mix

MODIFIED: Sorry ... I've understood now. I dunno how to help ya. I don't use this feature neither with external mixer. I don't like Split function.

Inviato Sun 28 Sep 08 @ 4:56 am
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
"To truly be able to mix in the headphones without monitors, you need to be able to seperate your sources in the headphones."

Not true bro. I often spin in internet radio at weird time and i use headphones. When u are able to listen the entering track, the actual track and both tracks mixed u can do whatever you want. Assign "headphone mix" to a knob (best solution) or create 2 shortcuts (one for listen only entering track and one for listen both tracks mixed)

Hope it helps

Inviato Sun 28 Sep 08 @ 5:10 am
Voltron,
sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying.

If you can hear the CUE'd track in the left ear and the MAIN program in the right ear, (As is common with real dj mixers) that would be cool. No need for monitors. The reason you make it work for you is because you are also using the graphical display to mix. I want to mix in the headphones, not the screen.

Inviato Sun 28 Sep 08 @ 4:35 pm
I would agree with Chris 'split cue' is and essential and basic feature, I use it all the time. It is vital especially in a booth which has terrible monitors or in a very noisy club atmosphere. Also, using your headphones properly can also help preserve your hearing, something which many DJ's take for granted until it is too late.

Inviato Fri 03 Oct 08 @ 12:54 pm
wsherrington wrote :
I would agree with Chris 'split cue' is and essential and basic feature, I use it all the time. It is vital especially in a booth which has terrible monitors or in a very noisy club atmosphere. Also, using your headphones properly can also help preserve your hearing, something which many DJ's take for granted until it is too late.

ding, ding, ding... We have a winner. Split Cue, if only to protect our hearing if nothing else.

Inviato Mon 06 Oct 08 @ 6:08 pm
Hi, I use an external mixer at the moment which already has split cue, but if I was going to change to something like vci300 or hercules RMX I would definately need this feature, I'm surprised that it's not already in there.

Inviato Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 5:07 am
andytaylor125 wrote :
Hi, I use an external mixer at the moment which already has split cue, but if I was going to change to something like vci300 or hercules RMX I would definately need this feature, I'm surprised that it's not already in there.

The only way to achieve such a critical function is through the use of an external mixer, you are right. Also, A RMX or Total control with a DJIO won't give you that feature.

Inviato Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 4:31 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I think the DJ console has a knob to select split cue in the headphones.

This would be a good feature i think, even though i wouldn't use it.

Inviato Thu 16 Oct 08 @ 7:24 am
JeremK wrote :
I think the DJ console has a knob to select split cue in the headphones.

This would be a good feature i think, even though i wouldn't use it.

Does have one?

Inviato Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 12:41 am
YUP we need it..get your toolz out boyz..yall have some work to do..hehehe..

Inviato Thu 13 Nov 08 @ 9:55 pm
sonido1902 wrote :
YUP we need it..get your toolz out boyz..yall have some work to do..hehehe..

Preach on it.

+1

Inviato Thu 13 Nov 08 @ 10:10 pm
See's what I means...

I think it can be easily done in the software.

The Numark Total Control already has the ability two allow the user control of how much Main program mix he or she can hear. It's labeled "PHONE MIX".

It's not a stretch to ask that you be able to set this in the software...
This way, you can hear the CUE signal in the left ear and the MASTER mix in the right ear.

Just a couple of lines of code....

Inviato Thu 13 Nov 08 @ 11:06 pm
oh so i already have it..well lets get this for the rest of the VDJ Community..

Inviato Fri 14 Nov 08 @ 7:45 am
fer14PRO InfinityMember since 2007

Inviato Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 1:35 pm

Inviato Sun 23 Nov 08 @ 12:38 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It was written for Virtual DJ 3.4 - it installs into My Documents\VirtualDJ\Effects, not into the Plugins\SoundEffects folder.

Whether or not the plugin will work on later versions, I have no idea!

Inviato Sun 23 Nov 08 @ 5:03 pm
SBDJ wrote :
It was written for Virtual DJ 3.4 - it installs into My Documents\VirtualDJ\Effects, not into the Plugins\SoundEffects folder.

Whether or not the plugin will work on later versions, I have no idea!

That's why I can't see it as an available option. Scott, to answer your query, it doesn't.

Inviato Sun 23 Nov 08 @ 5:53 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Didn't think it would, the plugin API was changed after 3.4.

Inviato Sun 23 Nov 08 @ 7:36 pm
sonido1902 wrote :
oh so i already have it..well lets get this for the rest of the VDJ Community..

No, you don't, bro. But hopefully, soon we both will...

Inviato Tue 09 Dec 08 @ 9:10 pm
23%