Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: First public mixing song list?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

VernaHome userMember since 2008
I'll be doing my first ever djing at a party in a few weeks and need a few suggestions of some good "danceable" songs that arent too long. Any ideas? I want to keep the dancing active and don't want to piss off anyone by playing trance :P but I definitely don't want to play too much mainstream. I would appreciate more recently released songs too if at all possible. Thanks for the help.

Inviato Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 3:01 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
if you give us the country you are living in it may help.

Inviato Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 7:30 pm
I'll be on the east coast in the US. Also I didn't really mention, I would like to play techno, house, etc. No rap or country or anything like that. Thanks.

Inviato Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 7:53 pm
tvo14Home userMember since 2008
You'll be on the East Coast and they don't listen to rap?? Are you sure??? There more hip hop fans on the east coast than anywhere else

Inviato Wed 01 Oct 08 @ 6:54 pm
tvo14Home userMember since 2008
A good DJ brings a bit of everything, then gauges his audience and see what their vibing too. Don't be that foreign DJ Techno guy, Techno Trance isn't as big here as it is in Europe. Better bring some hip hop. Remember, nobody likes hearing songs they've never heard before. I'm been around this DJ scene for 15 years. You play what other people like, not what you like and when people are partying and dancing, they like to hear songs they are familiar with.
Don't be that overllly hip guy that forces music on people.

Inviato Wed 01 Oct 08 @ 6:58 pm
Thanks for the replies. I apologize - I should have provided more details. I'll be djing for an actual "techno" or "rave" whatever you want to call it party. Thats why no rap, country, hip hop, etc. would be played (unless there are good dance remixes). I know I should play what the audience wants to hear but I really don't want to play cascada and sandstorm all night if you can understand :P Thanks for the help though!

Inviato Wed 01 Oct 08 @ 7:15 pm
what you need is some good ol Happy Hardcore! tracks from scott brown, hixxy, breeze & styles, recon, or for non mainstreem stormtrooper, d-lyte, orbit1, robbie long, the list goes on! all rave tracks at 170bpm some slower some faster tht will really get them ravin! ;) if u like hardcore and want to know actuall songs or where to get from pm me n ill give u more info! if you aint got a clue what it is the wtch this to get a rough idea! http://www.youtube.com/v/hsbHMZe0hIA&hl

Inviato Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 10:31 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
carlrose wrote :
what you need is some good ol Happy Hardcore! tracks from scott brown, hixxy, breeze & styles, recon, or for non mainstreem stormtrooper, d-lyte, orbit1, robbie long,

LMAO!!!!!

Can't believe that stuff is still going, I used to spin that back in the mid to late 90's when I got my 1210's. Still got bloody hundreds of 12"'s in my mums loft, lol

Tell me something, is Slipmat, Sy and DJ Brisk still doing the rounds.

Where abouts are you from Carl?

Inviato Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 10:46 am
Well it seems no one wants to help, thanks anyways.

Inviato Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 2:35 pm
PFD50PRO InfinityMember since 2007

Inviato Fri 03 Oct 08 @ 7:20 am
the issue i see is most 'raves' are centered around the dj and his techniques so just 'playing songs' is not the idea the best beat is to come up with a routine. btw i play hiphop at a lot of raves thats were a lot oif the breakers go.

Inviato Sat 04 Oct 08 @ 1:13 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)