Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Karaoke: requests for the same song?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Now that I'm about ready to re open and have added karaoke to my service, I need some last minute advice for karaoke gigs. What should I do if multiple singers want to do the same song? Should I just let them do the same songs or should I add second & third backup slots on my singer request forms in case of such an event? Thanks in advance;^]

Inviato Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 10:53 am
I don't really see an issue with it. I would offer to play their secondary choice instead - but if they have their heart set on singing that specific song, Just let them.

Inviato Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 10:56 am
Thanks Marcel, I suppose I could also add it to the forms and then add a checkbox or something for "use this song no matter what". Thanks again;^]

Inviato Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 10:59 am
Good idea. That would cover your bases

Inviato Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 11:01 am
Ok, this is what I came up with, should I make any more changes?

Inviato Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 11:12 am
I usually do not allow the same song to be sung twice at the same event. The reasons for this is because sometimes a person wants to sing a song that was already sung because they feel that they can do it better than the last person. Karaoke is supposed to be fun, not a competition. (Unless, of course, it is a karaoke contest.). This could get the first singer upset and they may never come back. The other reason is because the other patrons (or guests) generally do not want to hear the same song more than once. So, I always play it safe and not allow the same song to be sung more than once. There have been a few exceptions. If the song was done a few hours before and the person that first sang it has left, I may decide to let the person sing it again.

Just my thoughts on it. I have been doing karaoke in local bars for about 5 years now and this has worked for me. I can only remember a few times where someone would complain that they couldn't sing their song because it was already done. Most people understand and a lot of them would not want to sing the same song as someone else.

DJ Tim
http://www.itsyourentertainment.com

Inviato Sun 09 Nov 08 @ 10:13 am
Picture by Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow is the worst example of this.

I let them sing whatever they want. It's their four minutes. Karaoke is designed to be fun for the singer. It isn't the Grand Ole Opry.

In most cases a person will come up and change their song if someone else sings it. Or I will say "Joe is singing that right before you" to alert them and they will usually change it. But it is their choice. Perhaps it is the only song they ever sing anywhere.

Some people are so drunk they don't care.

When Picture first came out I heard it about five times a night. I will always hate that song.

But like I said, it is their four minutes. Let them do what they wish.

As a side note, I have used legal pads and slips and now don't use any sign up method. I just have them tell me what they want to sing and stick it in the list.

Inviato Sun 09 Nov 08 @ 1:54 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)