Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Audio library used by VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

pernPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Inviato Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 3:52 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Audio library?

do you mean the database?

if it's the database you're talking about it's an XML external file you can edit in any text programm like wordpad or notepad

Inviato Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 11:30 pm
No, not the db. I know it's an XML file. A audio library/component handles everything regarding audio streaming etc.

Here is an example that uses BASS: http://www.ultramixer.com/

"BASS is an audio library for use in Windows software. It's purpose is to provide developers with the most powerful and efficient (yet easy to use), sample, stream (MP3, MP2, MP1, OGG, WAV, custom generated, and more via add-ons), MOD music (XM, IT, S3M, MOD, MTM, UMX), MO3 music (MP3/OGG compressed MODs), and recording functions. All in a tiny DLL, under 100KB in size."

Inviato Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 7:38 am
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that no one from VDJ is going to answer this question and everyone else would be just throwing out wild guesses. My first thought is, "who cares what audio library they use" and my second thought is, if you are that determined to find out, you could probably use some software reverse engineering techniques to find out in a pretty short time frame. I mean, running a "strings" command on the exe and dlls will probably tell you enough to guess with 95% accuracy but then again, back to point #1 - who cares?

Inviato Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 9:28 am
I don't like "software reverse engineering" as a policy.

I think it is interesting to know, if you know that you also know what is possible to implement in VDJ by the Atomix team.

That way you know what possible features in VDJ you could expect in the future.

But i accept that i might be the only one interested in it ;-)

Inviato Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 9:34 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)