Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Scratching

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

AvinonPRO InfinityMember since 2005
When is a good time to scratch in a song... I am having a hard time figuring out how to best fit in scratches to my mix and how to learn what sounds good as a scratch... please be gentle with your answers.

Inviato Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 10:45 pm
Start with accapella's and slower beats like 100 bpm....Ideal speed is 117bpm(4 me anaway)
Andre

Inviato Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 11:01 pm
I was wondering like when/how often DURING a song do people usually scratch, are they short quick sessions or long scratch sessions etc... Im not used to scratching so I don't really have a good feel for what sounds good yet. Some good song recommendations are appreacited as well :)

Inviato Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 11:28 pm
You can start by doing it during an extended break,,during the song.Give yourself a reference point in the song and practice with the same lyrics....ex ahhhh yeahhhhh
do your thing on the beginning of each phrase and make sure to release in time and on beat.
You have to time your crossfader mouvement with the scratch mouvement.One is on ,other off.......
With the full version you will have access to different scratch plug inns.
Andre

Inviato Tue 01 Feb 05 @ 11:40 pm
I think my style is a little more hip-hop than DJ Andre Landry. I would think the thick of my set would be 94-110BPM, as this is where most danceable hip-hop lives. I don't really scratch for the effect too much and I've never been to a club that the DJ does do a lot of scratching for effect, unless it is a battle night or something. I usually use my scratch as part of a transition like this:

Crossfade, rock back and forth with a scratch and then release on beat, perfect the beatmatch, finish the crossfade.

I'll scratch to lead in the transition, or when beat juggling to extend a mix but that's really about it for me.

Inviato Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 1:15 am
great info guys, thanks. Also does anyone here have any artist suggestions. I was looking for some thick meaty techno/trance and a little hip hop within the 110-125 bpm range.

Inviato Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 3:02 am
Hey guys, I am still using the hercules controler which isnt very good for scratching but Im trying and am definetly going to upgrade as soon as I can. Could someone explain how to use the crossfader during scratching? I have seen dj get downs video which is amazing and he is continuously moving hte crossfader....Could someone explain how to scratch like this? Thanks

Inviato Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 10:24 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003

Inviato Wed 02 Feb 05 @ 11:03 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)