Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: So how well does vdj handle vb...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
so how well does vdj handle vbr files?
i'm asking because File Info shows many of my vbr files as 128kb/s as opposed to winamp which shows they are 192(vbr).
when i loaded a vbr file that was under 9 minutes (winamp time) by vdj it was registered as being over 10 minutes and since my max load is set at 10 minutes there were issues. (which of course i bumped up to 15 min)

Inviato Mon 07 Feb 05 @ 6:27 pm
goatusHome userMember since 2004
yes it gives kinda weird info with VBR files, it plays them just fine though.

What you need to do is right click on your main music directory in VDJ and click on Analyse. It will take a while but VDJ will go through all your music and correct the wrong time information it is displaying for VBR files. And you only need to do it once.. VDJ magically remembers the info :)

Inviato Mon 07 Feb 05 @ 7:09 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
iight thanx.
i usually dont keep files 128k of quality and vdj mislead me to delete a lot of files because the File Info doesnt show the file size. i can usually tell the quality of a file by its size but size i didnt know vdj shows many of my vbr files as 128 so i deleted them... until 2 days ago i realized some file i knew was obviously 192 showed up as 128. then i compared the same File Info with winamp and it dawned to me double check the File Info with winamp's before deleting files. then again u cant tell which files are vbr and which ones arent.
i'm impressed that vdj handles wma files. pcdj didnt play anything outside the mp3 format so i didnt care for that format.
pcdj just didnt play some vbr files even when winamp would. so far vdj plays all them all.

Inviato Mon 07 Feb 05 @ 10:07 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)